cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Direct Merchants Change in Term Notice: They' ve gone Crazy!

tag
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Re: HSBC Direct Merchants Change in Term Notice: They' ve gone Crazy!

@Anonymous wrote:
14.99% is a horrible APR when the current APR is 7.99%. 

I never said it was good, I said it's not that bad and it isn't. Again, if the balance is PIF'd each month, no need to fret over 14.99%.
Message 11 of 17
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My cards have purchase APRs ranging from 5.99% to 14.99% none of which matter very much to me since the only interest my wife and I currently are paying is 5.875% on the mortgage.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 12 of 17
plasticguy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you! Finally someone on my side.
Message 13 of 17
Uniqua
Established Contributor

@plasticguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you! Finally someone on my side.

Plasticsguy, no one is against you on this.  But, whether or not we agree with you, this rate hike can easily be avoided by not carrying balances. 

Message 14 of 17
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

I posted a week ago that my online Amex TE statement said the rate is going UP from 14.99 to prime+, and that the current rate is now 22.49%.

Apparently all the TE cardholders don't care or PIF. I saw one reply that "PIF rules."

And my statement balance was 0.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 15 of 17
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

plasticguy:

What are you doing with a sub-prime card like this? Also, why didn't you respond in my recent thread asking who here had this relatively rare card. I have one, never late, never over limit, the APR is ratejacked to 25.99%. $2K CL. There also is a small AF. I have several other CC's with much better terms and much higher CL's. FICO's over 700. I think this card and HSBC are pretty much jokes. But I will keep it around for the history.

Message 16 of 17
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

I am quite surprised we haven't seen more rate increases. Issuers should be looking to pile it on while they can. With the new administration coming into office it is quite likely that legislation "protecting" cardholders from issuer's adverse practices won't be far behind. Unfortunately there is nothing protect current account holders, so we will suffer so those who follow may be protected.

If cardholder's protections are inacted I would not be surprised to see more rigorous application processes as well.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.