Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Household bank MC worth closing??

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

HSBC Household bank MC worth closing??

Got the card 7/11, received a $100 CLI in Feb. to make it a $400 CL. AF of $59 coming in July. Should I keep this or garden my new prime cards and close in June?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

Re: HSBC Household bank MC worth closing??

LS...If you want to keep it open but are unsure you may want to bite the bullet and see if they will credit the AF.  When I just closed my HSBC MC they offered to credit the AF to keep it open. I declined at that point because I just wanted it gone.  However,  If you decide to close it out and they waive it, you could keep it an additional year w/o the fee.  I mean, if you don't care whether it's open or closed it may be worth a shot.

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Got the card 7/11, received a $100 CLI in Feb. to make it a $400 CL. AF of $59 coming in July. Should I keep this or garden my new prime cards and close in June?

Wait and see what happens when Capital One gets it.   Then decide.

Message 3 of 6
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Or what wolf said...Smiley Happy

I kept the other one open just to see what happens in the next couple of months.....

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

That makes sense, i'll do that Wolf thanks!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 6
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Wolf3 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

That makes sense, i'll do that Wolf thanks!

I have a Household Bank card as well (no AF), hoping to get a better CL.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.