Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC/Orchard Bank Limit Increases

tag
Meddle

Re: HSBC/Orchard Bank Limit Increases

I see what you all are saying.

Perhaps it's being naive to think they would apply what is marketed with the card "Regular reviews and increases for your good use of credit" 

So my next question.... should I simply pay to $0 balance and keep the card open or should I just use it to get a Amex/Chase and then drop it?

Starting Score: 549
Current Score: 7255
Goal Score: 730

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 51
vish1
Valued Contributor

@Meddle wrote:

I see what you all are saying.

Perhaps it's being naive to think they would apply what is marketed with the card "Regular reviews and increases for your good use of credit" 

So my next question.... should I simply pay to $0 balance and keep the card open or should I just use it to get a Amex/Chase and then drop it?

Bear with it till the point you get something better. then nuke orchard

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 22 of 51
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

i have took this matter up with the president office i have the orchard bank premium planitnum cards and these are ones with no annual fee and they are all credit based and they statred me off with 8.9 percent apr.  i have had them for almost 3 years now statred with 750 dollar limits now my limits on these are 6050 for one and 5000 on the other i have been getting good clis for two years and then when the new credit rules cam out last feb hsbc refused to do any clis at all i have been calling them over the last year now and i even took this up with there presidents and corperate office.  for some reason all there orchard bank and most of there other porfiolios they are not doing increases on what so ever .  other then not have the clis they have been good to me only thing i didnt like was when the rules changed last feb they moved my apr up to 14 percent on both accounts but i have 2 percent cash back .  the credit limits are nice and healthy and it has everything other cards have like paying on line you can use your full credit limit for cash and no annual fee these are probably two of the best cards i have .  i just wish i could get other increases.  

Message 23 of 51
vish1
Valued Contributor

@lakerfan2011 wrote:

i have took this matter up with the president office i have the orchard bank premium planitnum cards and these are ones with no annual fee and they are all credit based and they statred me off with 8.9 percent apr.  i have had them for almost 3 years now statred with 750 dollar limits now my limits on these are 6050 for one and 5000 on the other i have been getting good clis for two years and then when the new credit rules cam out last feb hsbc refused to do any clis at all i have been calling them over the last year now and i even took this up with there presidents and corperate office.  for some reason all there orchard bank and most of there other porfiolios they are not doing increases on what so ever .  other then not have the clis they have been good to me only thing i didnt like was when the rules changed last feb they moved my apr up to 14 percent on both accounts but i have 2 percent cash back .  the credit limits are nice and healthy and it has everything other cards have like paying on line you can use your full credit limit for cash and no annual fee these are probably two of the best cards i have .  i just wish i could get other increases.  

Where do these cards exist on their website? I can't see any card with 0 AF on their website. In addition I have never heard of 6k CL on a orchard card ever. To top up a 2% cash back.

When did you get your cards and how?

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 24 of 51
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

i got them back in 2008 and i dont know if they are offering them any more but i went through there application process and it offered me those one of them had the 2 percent cash back and the other didnt but they added 2 percent cash back on the other one to keep me as a customer one time.  my credit score has sored over the last 3 years which is why i probally why i got really good increases over the last 3 years.

Message 25 of 51
p-
Valued Contributor

just got a 200 dollar CLI today, but I had to call and ask for it.

Message 26 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

I logged in to HSBC's account page today and tried (as usual) to click the "Request a Credit Limit Increase" link (which never works), and was stunned to see a different page come up.  It asked me why I wanted the CLI and what my annual income was.  I asked for "$1500", thinking they'd never give me ANYTHING.  I was stunned to see they approved an increase of $1,000!  I've been with them since 2007 and have never had an increase on the card limit, so I did not expect to receive anything.

Anyway, good luck to everyone with one of these cards.

-T

Message 27 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone,

I logged in to HSBC's account page today and tried (as usual) to click the "Request a Credit Limit Increase" link (which never works), and was stunned to see a different page come up.  It asked me why I wanted the CLI and what my annual income was.  I asked for "$1500", thinking they'd never give me ANYTHING.  I was stunned to see they approved an increase of $1,000!  I've been with them since 2007 and have never had an increase on the card limit, so I did not expect to receive anything.

Anyway, good luck to everyone with one of these cards.

-T

Congrats man. I also got a nice increase. 2100! Feels great to get some love from them.

welcome to the forum!!!!

Message 28 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes definitely- I guess they aren’t so evil after all Robot wink

Thanks gbi! 

Message 29 of 51
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Let me ask a question:  Do you guys have your account access through "account central online" or through hsbc dot com?  I have two cards, one of which is just like what lakersfan mentioned.  I've had the card since around 2007, the limit is $5,400, the rate was originally like 8% and went up through no fault of my own, they once offered me 2.9% new purchases and BT for 18 months, I've never been late or in bad standing, the card is paid off, yet they swear up and down that they simply don't take customer requests for anything (see my nearby thread about Walmart and HSBC griping.)  No CLI button anywhere on the site.  I called to ask for a CLI and they had a rehearsed "no" speech.

My card never was "Direct Merchants Bank" but I think it appeared that way at one point on my CRs; I believe anything through accountcentralonline (where I was forced to register and log on) may be a branch of HSBC that they bought from Direct Merchants Bank.  I can't figure out why they would have given me a card with such a high CL and good terms (initially) but it's treated like all the other rebuider cards now.  When I questioned them yesterday, they said they used to give out CLIs and APR reductions and BT offers when the economy was better but it didn't work out well for them.  I'm surprised they parted from their rehearsed speeches enough to tell me that.