cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC/Orchard Bank Limit Increases

tag
Meddle

Re: HSBC/Orchard Bank Limit Increases

Not sure where you are seeing this, but Orchard Bank still doesn't allow for CLI online.

In fact, even after advising Orchard Bank (HSBC Card Services) that I had an increaes in my salary and would like a CLI; I was increased by $100.00

Starting Score: 549
Current Score: 7255
Goal Score: 730

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 31 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, it's always been available to me via www.hsbccreditcard.com.  There is a "Customer Service" menu which drops down, and the second entry is/has always been "Request a Credit Limit Increase", which has never worked- until yesterday.  Strange.

Is "hsbc.com" Account Access the same as the version accessed via "hsbccreditcard.com"?  Maybe it's a different server?  Different company within the company?

One would think they would offer this to all HSBC card-holders.Robot Indifferent

Message 32 of 51
Switch2007
Contributor

I just dont think that Orchard provides the same option to request online. They have however FINALLY updated it to say to call in to speak to someone. They gave me a random $200 CLI about 2 months ago... (maybe less) so while I'm inclined to call in and request one, I'm afraid I'll get denied. I know the $200 was already pushing it with them! Hahaha

Starting Score: 08/01/2009 584
Current Score: 08/01/2011 EQ 684 EX (Lender Pull) 702 TU 712
Goal Score: 780+

Message 33 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Switch2007 wrote:
I just dont think that Orchard provides the same option to request online. They have however FINALLY updated it to say to call in to speak to someone. They gave me a random $200 CLI about 2 months ago... (maybe less) so while I'm inclined to call in and request one, I'm afraid I'll get denied. I know the $200 was already pushing it with them! Hahaha

I just checked mOrchard Card account to see if I can request a CL online and got the same message, to call in. My Orchard Bank Credit Card was opened in 2008 with a credit limit of $300 and they never once game a credit increase.  I have never made a late payment, have paid more then minimums, and current balance due is $0.  I may call in later to request one; will let you know how it goes!

Message 34 of 51
Switch2007
Contributor

Well, I did call to request one, and it was denied... with no reason. 

I told them to cancel it. I'm a little sick and tired of Orchard at this point. And I'm sure my measly $500 credit line wont do much for the appearance of their portfolio! 

ADIOS ORCHARD!!!!!!!!!

Starting Score: 08/01/2009 584
Current Score: 08/01/2011 EQ 684 EX (Lender Pull) 702 TU 712
Goal Score: 780+

Message 35 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I call to request a CL, will there be an inquiry on my credit report? 

Message 36 of 51
hardworker77
Contributor

Just wanted everyone to know that yesterday I called to request a CLI and got the 7-10 day letter in the mail. Fast forward to today a rep. called me to verify my info(since I have a fraud alert on my CR). Then she said that I was approved for a $100.00 increase not that much ,but I'll take it. Only  had the card a little over a year. So now my limit is $400.00. Good for me.

Message 37 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will an inquiry pop up on your credit report if you request an increase?

Message 38 of 51
lithium78
Established Contributor

I called in and got a $200 CLI which raises my limit to $900.  I've had the card for four years.  I'm looking forward to being able to ditch this card next year and concentrate on cards that provide rewards.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Message 39 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Will an inquiry pop up on your credit report if you request an increase?

My reports have yet to update since my CLI, so I'm not quite sure.  I would assume it shows an inquiry?

Message 40 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.