Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC - Orchard Bank

tag
Chilly40
Established Member

HSBC - Orchard Bank

I recently got an unsecured Orchard bank M/C  and I also just recently received a secured card through my Credit Union.    I have scores of EX 593,  TU 568 And Equifax 625.  What are my chances of getting a CC for a retail store?   I dont want to put in a lot of inquries if I have no chance,  also does HSBC have any retail stores that they are affiliated with, if so it might be easier to get one at a store they are affiliated with since they already issued me a Mastercard.   Thanks for any help.    
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC - Orchard Bank

best buy is HSBC.
Message 2 of 5
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

Don't know where you live but, the Bob-Ton chain (Carson's, Boston Store, etc) is HSBC and Sear's uses HSBC as an alternative when one doesn't qualify for their card issued by Citi Bank.  Good luck!
Message 3 of 5
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

You may not be able to get another hsbc cc until 18 mos. after you got your orchard- hsbc has some funky rules about that- sometimes people app + get denied just b/c of it.

The only retail cc I apped for + got was target (580 fico) late last yr.  Some have reported luck w/macys but if you’ve burned Citibank in the past, you may find yourself blacklisted from macys

Message 4 of 5
MizzB
Regular Contributor

@creditreformer wrote:

You may not be able to get another hsbc cc until 18 mos. after you got your orchard- hsbc has some funky rules about that- sometimes people app + get denied just b/c of it.

The only retail cc I apped for + got was target (580 fico) late last yr.  Some have reported luck w/macys but if you’ve burned Citibank in the past, you may find yourself blacklisted from macys

I received two HSBC cards within 2 mo (Orchard & Best Buy). Good Luck.
*********************************************************************************
Current Score (04/20/20): EQ:673; TU: 691; EX: 688 (FICO)
Starting Score (01/20/17): EQ:511 (FICO); TU: 521 (FAKO)
CapOne QS MC: $10k | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $14.5K | OpenSky Visa: $500 | Green Dot MC $300 | Green Dot MC2: $300 | AMEX Gold CC: NPSL | AMEX Platinum CC: NPSL | Amex Gold Delta Skymiles: $3k | DiscoverIT Chrome: $5.6K
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.