cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Platinum Rewards MC Bonus - 3X Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Movie Theaters

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: HSBC Platinum Rewards MC Bonus - 3X Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Movie Theaters

@TiggerDat wrote:

No, HSBC didn't go out of business.  They just simply sold off a lot.  They don't have much of a presence in the US anymore though.  I think they are restructuring and will make a comeback in a few more years.

I was actually sad they sold my HouseHold Bank card to CapOne.  It was my first no fee MC after I started to rebuild.  And they seemed easier to get CLIs with than did CapOne.

Yes, not out of business, still one of the worlds largest bank (#2 in one of the standard asset rankings)

Message 11 of 14
xerostatus
Regular Contributor

Re: HSBC Platinum Rewards MC Bonus - 3X Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Movie Theaters

I don't think anyone assumed or thought they went "out of business," only that they divested their consumer credit card sector in the United States entirely (which that itself was incorrect, as we've come to find here in this thread). HSBC is an enormous banking institution, I don't think they will "go out of business."

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will vouch to say I have always had very pleasant experiences with their customer service both via BankMail & the phone, although BankMail has taken 3-5 days to receive a reply at times. 

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

For those of you who have the card: what exactly are the details of the benefits and rewards program? I checked on the HSBC website but there seems to be little information there.

On the benefits side, is there a link to a Benefits Guide somewhere? E.g. is car rental coverage include (and if so, what $ or day limits, countries excluded), etc.

On the rewards side, the default is 1pt/$? But how can they be redeemed? 1% cash back? What else (and at what typical rate)?

Thanks.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.