Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Premier World Elite MasterCard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC Premier World Elite MasterCard

HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard was launched by HSBC

I was contemplating getting HSBC Premier a few months ago, and this net credit card had me thinking about looking at all the details. Does anyone know if this card reimburses air travel, like Chase Sapphire Reserve? Also, does HSBC USA offer self-directed investing, and what are the terms?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: HSBC Premier World Elite MasterCard

Hi @Anonymous, I tweaked your thread subject and move it to 'Credit Cards' to get your topic more exposure.

--UB

Message 2 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

This card is brand new so a lot of the finer details aren’t easy to find yet. Since they advertise the 50,000 point signup bonus as being worth $750 in air travel, I would assume it’s like the CSR portal but like UR points you may be able to redeem at a lower value in other ways. It’s an interesting addition to the premium metal card market for sure. I do find it odd that for such a global brand, it reimburses TSA PreCheck but not Global Entry.

If I had the assets, I’d personally lean toward the Premium Rewards and Cash Rewards combo from Bank of America combined with Merrill Edge and/or Merrill Lynch. The 75% multiplier for Preferred Rewards adds up fast, and an Amex Platinum or similar for the other perks would fill in the gaps.
Message 3 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sounds like a PBA sponsered tournamentSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 10
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I’ve apped twice for HSBC cards and they get kicked back for “unable to verify identity”.

No HP’s

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 5 of 10
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@woodyman100 wrote:

I’ve apped twice for HSBC cards and they get kicked back for “unable to verify identity”.

No HP’s

I get the same response.  The CSRs I've talked to about it can't seem to figure out the problem, but I'm guessing they're trying to pull my Equifax report which depending on the day and/or direction of the wind, is inaccessible!

Message 6 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol B335I, sounds like my love affair with EQ, , if i ever could get a normal day with them might as well tag me HSBC Master of the EquiverseSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 10
eaglesilas
Valued Member

Had the same,unable to verify identity”.

No HP’s. Than 4 weeks later they called me to verify my identity and had to send a copy of my power bill .

She called me 1 hour later back and I was approved with 5000 SL .Took another 2 weeks to get the card.

Spent  $1000 in the first month and got my $ 150 bucks.

Amex blue cash everyday $10,200 , BofA Rewards VISA 10,000,Discover IT 20,000.Cabela's 5,000,Walmart MC 10,000,Lowes 14,000,BarclayCard Rewards 10,000,Amex Sky 5,000, Capital One QS Visa 4750,Capital one Venture 11,000,Ring 5,000,Citi Simplicity 5,000 ,Home Depot 7,000 ,JCP 10,000 ,HSBC 5,000 , Discover Miles 5,000 , Amazon Store 7,000 ,Chase Amazon Visa 5,000 , Best Buy Visa 10,000 ,QS 5,000 ,Venture 5,000 ,US Bank 7,000 ,Dell 1000,BofA Cash 5000,Tinker MC 2000,
Message 8 of 10
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

No HP’s

I get the same response.  The CSRs I've talked to about it can't seem to figure out the problem, but I'm guessing they're trying to pull my Equifax report which depending on the day and/or direction of the wind, is inaccessible!

I have the same problem.

i honestly think that I have a split file. 2/3 of the time, I get the “No file available” schtick 

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the card on Nov. 2, and they sent me a email stating I was declined because they "were unable to establish identity...However, no credit report was pulled."

I called the rep, and she told me to wait 72 hours before I reapply, as the identity screening questions would have "resetted," whatever that means...

@woodyman100 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

No HP’s

I have the same problem.

i honestly think that I have a split file. 2/3 of the time, I get the “No file available” schtick 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.