Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC SECURE CARD

tag
Teasha
Regular Contributor

HSBC SECURE CARD

I'm planning on closing my HSBC secure card before the af applies in November. I'd like to see if I can negotiate a better deal with the threat of closing the account.
Am wondering if anyone's had any luck or tried switching the card to a Cap1 unsecure card with no AF?
My scores are in the signature. Any ideas or suggestions before I call?
Thanks!

Starting Score: 0 No score until August 2011
Current Score: 11/17/22 EQ Fico 821, 4/28/22 TU Fico 828, 4/28/22 EX fico 811
Goal Score: 800
My wallet: Capital 1 Venture $13,000 | Amex BCP $22,000 | Amex BSE $8200 | Discover it $23,500 | Discover $7, 000 | Lowe's $15,000 | DCU $2,000 | CITI TYP $14,000 | CITI Simplicity $8,100 | Amazon Chase $14,400 | DCU Visa $2000 | Barclay's $4,550
Back in the garden!
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: HSBC SECURE CARD

@Teasha wrote:
I'm planning on closing my HSBC secure card before the af applies in November. I'd like to see if I can negotiate a better deal with the threat of closing the account.
Am wondering if anyone's had any luck or tried switching the card to a Cap1 unsecure card with no AF?
My scores are in the signature. Any ideas or suggestions before I call?
Thanks!

Is it a HSBC logo card (not Orchard, Household)?  I think the HSBC logo cards stayed with HSBC.  My logon is still active and it did not change to Captial One.     

I had an HSBC logo secured card that I closed last year.     When I went to close it they gave me 1% cash back so I kept it for another 6 months.    That was HSBC and not Captial One. 

Message 2 of 4
Teasha
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply! 

The card is an Orchard card and is reporting as Cap1 with the CRA's. I've read a few posts on the secure cards and it seem i may need to negotiate for no AF and just keep the card.  It would just be nice to upgrade the card to something better or more flexible without the HP if possible. I've read but not confirmed orchard/HSBC still honor the soft pull for cli's, correct me if I'm wrong.

Worst case, I'll have th drop the AF and sock drawer it.

Starting Score: 0 No score until August 2011
Current Score: 11/17/22 EQ Fico 821, 4/28/22 TU Fico 828, 4/28/22 EX fico 811
Goal Score: 800
My wallet: Capital 1 Venture $13,000 | Amex BCP $22,000 | Amex BSE $8200 | Discover it $23,500 | Discover $7, 000 | Lowe's $15,000 | DCU $2,000 | CITI TYP $14,000 | CITI Simplicity $8,100 | Amazon Chase $14,400 | DCU Visa $2000 | Barclay's $4,550
Back in the garden!
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Teasha wrote:

Thanks for the reply! 

The card is an Orchard card and is reporting as Cap1 with the CRA's. I've read a few posts on the secure cards and it seem i may need to negotiate for no AF and just keep the card.  It would just be nice to upgrade the card to something better or more flexible without the HP if possible. I've read but not confirmed orchard/HSBC still honor the soft pull for cli's, correct me if I'm wrong.

Worst case, I'll have th drop the AF and sock drawer it.

When you ask for a CLI, you have to agree that they can pull your credit.   So it can be a HP.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.