Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Soft Pull - Pre Approved Hard Pull Denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC Soft Pull - Pre Approved Hard Pull Denied

Something else thats interesting.

Today I received a preapproved HSBC Italian Heritge card.  I dont think I am going to bother with HSBC.  Something seems a shady about their preapproval process.
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani,

I may be wrong, however I understood that preapporved means that you will be approved unless something has changed between the time that you completed the pre approval process and the time you you subit your real application.  Well the time between the 2 was about 30 seconds.  I dont think much changed during that time.  I think its very strange.

WBLAKE
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani wrote:
Pre Approved does not = Approved.

That should be put in big, bold, red letters at the top, middle and bottom of this forum.  So many people (and I was once one of them) assume that it does equal approval. 
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are better off without HSBC.   I had their card for over 5 years, used it heavily and paid it off each month.  Finally, because of their lack of customer service, I stopped using it.  Had it at home for whenever I was working late and my daughter wanted to order pizza.

I got a letter from them on the mail saying that my account was being cancelled.  They pulled my report and did not like "amount owed on accounts" and "number of inquiries."  I called them to ask them what the heck, and they gave me the option to close the account myself, as it would not look as bad on my credit report.

I think this is illegal!  Forcing customers out just because I'm not giving them monthly finance charges to earn???

Message Edited by Babs on 08-18-2007 05:14 PM
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well i recieved the letter from HSBC today.  They denied me because I already have a card with them (Best Buy).  I wish they had told me about that prior to taking the inquiry hit.  Can I dispute the inq?
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good question regarding the inquiry.  I wish someone would answer that for me too. 

I think HSBC's selection of what card is available for one to apply for is really confusing.   Amex has a banner on my website alerting me to what card I can apply for so there is no confusion as to what card(s) I  am eligible for. 

Equifax returned my points for applying for the wrong card (wrong per HSBC as they stated I already had a similar Cash card and denied my application too).  Hopefully your points were returned to the CRA that HSBC pulled.

SandyK 
Message 16 of 20
isis

I got approved for that HSBC MC Plat. with a teeny $300. limit It's a start I guess. It's now my 3rd cc. $350 cl with 1st Premier, $3k with Navy fed & this one. No more cc apps for a loooong time.
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to resist, but I applied for another HSBC.  I recived a pre selected Italian Heritage HSBC Master Card application in the mail.  They offered 11.6% and no anual fee.  So  gave it a shot and I was approved. 

So I was denied for the HSBC that I applied for earlier because I already had the a Best Buy branded HSBC card, but they allowed me to be approved for the preselected offer. 

WBLAKE
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right now I have two too many HSBC cards.  I love my 2% cash back (actually has a really great limit)  that one was by invitation only.  But also have the Best Buy MasterCard and Best Buy Store Card. (just got these last two because didn 't want the store card but the limit on the Master wasn't high enough for my purchase).

I dont know what criteria they use but I have heard if they send you an invitation through the mail you may be able to have more than one card. Seems it would be the same on the site.  Haven't gotten a pre app since I got the BB cards but all of the ones I had before, said in tiny writing on the back, that the limit was two to cardholder.

WBLAKE dont see how they said you have two of the same types of cards unless they mean same tier (whatever that means). A Store Card and a MC are two different animals if that's the Best Buy card you have.
Message 19 of 20
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

I have an Orchard Card, and know that I'm not eligible for another account, but I still play with the "card selector" to see what comes up.

Last time, it was an "HSBC Platinum."  

What *should* come up is a message saying:

"NO OFFER FOUND

you can only have one type of HSBC credit card account"

b/c that's their policy!

Message Edited by pazuzu on 02-05-2009 10:00 PM
Message Edited by pazuzu on 02-05-2009 10:00 PM

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.