Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC and DMP and Major Derog

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

HSBC and DMP and Major Derog

For those who are wondering about HSBC and credit problems, I got apporved for a Furniture Row store card which I intend to use a Denver Matress since the offered 26 months interest free.

I had 2 HSBC products in DMP and I still have a major derog on my CR.  Even with my current FICO scores, I honestly thought they would turn me down because of the DMP and the derog.

Believe it or not, I was shaking when I did the online app since I didnt want the embarrassment of being rejected in front of the sales person.

I didnt really want to post this but I did so in case there is someone else wondering about applying with HSBC who had past problems with them.

I also thought of the lost FICO points from the INQ and new account but that fadded when I was approved and realized that this account would serve a usefull purpose for me.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: HSBC and DMP and Major Derog

I admire your courage in facing down your fear of the in-store app, and for sharing this story for the benefit of others.

Congratulations (on all counts)! 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations Marty!

Thanks for sharing your story.

CB

Message 3 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Believe it or not, I was shaking when I did the online app since I didnt want the embarrassment of being rejected in front of the sales person.

I've stood in those same shoes. It's not a good feeling.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.