Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC buys back old Orchard Bank Credit Cards

tag
jre
Regular Contributor

HSBC buys back old Orchard Bank Credit Cards

I was recently told by Capital One that my old Orchard Bank credit card was bought back by HSBC. Sure enough I pulled my credit report and it shows HSBC as the current owner. It was charged-off years ago and I've been working with Capital One to have negative information removed. Does anyone have any additional information on HSBC buying back U.S. issued cards? I'd appreciate any response and phone numbers to contact HSBC.

Quicksilver x2 | Barclays | Store Cards (more than I need)

Scores: 650s
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

Re: HSBC buys back old Orchard Bank Credit Cards

It's a damn black hole. Capital One agreed to remove the item from CR. In the interim, it went back to HSBC. It's reporting on one bureau and I can't do anything about it. Not even the HSBC EO would help.
Message 2 of 7
jre
Regular Contributor

@lonelyisland wrote:
It's a damn black hole. Capital One agreed to remove the item from CR. In the interim, it went back to HSBC. It's reporting on one bureau and I can't do anything about it. Not even the HSBC EO would help.

haha. Capital One was easy to work with because they wanted to rid themselves of any issues with these old accounts. Why did they buy these back? It seems to be only charged-off or closed accounts. Why can't EO help you?

Message 3 of 7
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

The EO literally sends it to the same research department that's been ignoring all my letters to begin with lol!!
Message 4 of 7
SusieQ
Regular Contributor

There is something fishy here wth the buy and then buy back.   

Message 5 of 7
jre
Regular Contributor

Anyone got info on this?

Message 6 of 7
bodyboy1
Established Contributor

just so you know ..   there is nothing fishy!

Capital one bought those Accounts!   HSBC,  WAS SELLING   & @ that was liquidating all U.S. ACCOUNTS.  now in fact HSBC is back..   & you have to have a relationship with them in Order to get a Credit Card withh them!

ALSO  there is nothing wrong with getting another account!   if u have several Inqui:   YOU CAN STILL GET CREDIT CARDS!

Amazon 5K. AMEX PRG 35kPOT./AMEX MAG 15k. BARNEYS 28.7k. Banana. BAO. CITI Bestbuy/Bloomies 15k/Diamond/Thanku/Macy's 15k. Chase/Freedom. DiscoveriT 13.5K/Chrome. FRONTGATE 4K. Jetblue 5.7K. JCrew 7k. JCPenney 5k. Ring 10k. Sear's MC 11.3k. SAKS 5K SamsClub 10K. Target MC 8.4k. Walmart 6k. Wayfair 4.8k... be good to yourself!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.