Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC decreased CL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC decreased CL

Here's a better number to get directly to a credit analyst:  1 866 551 0258.  I'm currently on hold with them and they are reviewing my account after they decreased my CL from 405 to 305 and decreasing it on 4/23/09 from 1,000 to 405.  currently 3,600 out of 28k in use.  Reasons given for decrease were # of accounts w/ delinquency and public record which i haven't had any of those.  Will let you know if this works.

additional info: recently was approved for an additional 5300 with Citi and new 7500 with Discover

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC decreased CL

IT worked.  They increased it to 1,000. 

Message 2 of 6
john398
Senior Contributor

Congrats

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They did exactly what I thought they did.  The public record was simply an old collection that was previous to the original CL decrease.  Doesn't double jeopardy apply to credit card companies?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I were you, i would have closed the account since first CLD.
I don't recall HSBC having any decent reward program. What's the reason you still keep it open?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been a cardholder since 2006.  It helps with the AAOA.  The card has 1% cash back rewards and i use it basically just to pay a couple online bills.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.