cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC has no record of my account. Good Thing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC has no record of my account. Good Thing?

I have a 120+ day late payment from a former HSBC card on my credit report from about 4 years ago. I called HSBC card services to see about paying it and hopefully getting it removed from my report. The lady on the phone told me that she could not find anything in their system after giving her my SSN. She then told me to fax a copy of the credit report with my phone #, address, and action that I want them to take.

Does this mean that if I fax them and tell them to remove the late payment they will have to do it because they have no record? Please let me know if anyone has some insight into this...

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: HSBC has no record of my account. Good Thing?

They may have the info in an offline archive system....good luck though

Message 2 of 8
Treysdaddy08
Valued Member

It's most likely a good thing. I just went through this with another CRA. Still disputing on TU, but had it removed from the other two. I would suggest disputing, stating that the account isnt yours and the OC had no record of it.

Starting Score: 2/2/12 - 551
Current Score: 3/18/12 - 636
Goal Score: 660

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks. Just disputed through Equifax. I'll let everyone know how it works out.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

SUCCESS!!

Just received my dispute results from Experian. DELETED!! 

My score jumped almost 100 pts!!!

Still waiting on Equifax and TU.

Message 5 of 8
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Was it a charge off? Wow 100 points jump? Is that from fico? I had a $5,000 from Arrow Ca and only seen about 40 points gain.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was 120+ days late and listed as closed. The score I got was from the Experian website and was the last negative mark on my report which may be why it was so drastic.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It was 120+ days late and listed as closed. The score I got was from the Experian website and was the last negative mark on my report which may be why it was so drastic.

This is definitely true.  After getting rid of the last baddie, you were re-bucketed.  This opens your score ceiling WAY up.  Congrats on the success and huge boost!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.