cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC in the US---very different from HSBC in other countries!

tag
ozgirl
Regular Contributor

HSBC in the US---very different from HSBC in other countries!

I thought I would throw this out here (forgive me if it is the wrong forum) HSBC is a well respected bank that treats its customers well (especially credit card customers) in the other countries I live/have lived in (Hong Kong and Australia) I just can't figure out why they are so unpleasant to deal with here in the US. Luckily my credit in Hong Kong is Excellent and so I am treated well. Still, even when I first established myself in Hong Kong, HSBC was great with generous trade lines etc... here they act like you are going to rob them blind with a $300 credit limit on an Orchard Card....hmmm
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC in the US---very different from HSBC in other countries!

ozgirl wrote:
 here they act like you are going to rob them blind with a $300 credit limit on an Orchard Card....hmmm

lol maybe the bank has had bad luck with US residents.
Message 2 of 4
kball64
Frequent Contributor

I have read so many bad things about HSBC here in these forums.  I've had my Plat MC with them for 3 mths now and am very pleased so far with the level of service I am receiving.  They gave me a 2% cashback rewards card with no AF and a $1500 CL.  I use the card for all of my day to day expenses and just redeemed my first $25 in cash rewards.  Their fraud dept has even called me a couple of times to verify some charges to make sure they were mine.  So far I'm happy as can  be with them.  They gave me a chance with a nice CL and no AF and I plan to treat it well.  I've certainly been working the heck out of it.
Message 3 of 4
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ozgirl wrote:
 here they act like you are going to rob them blind with a $300 credit limit on an Orchard Card....hmmm

lol maybe the bank has had bad luck with US residents.

I believe that they actually bought out a massive subprime bank here in the US (don't remember who) several years ago. I believe the bank probably stayed the same while the name changed.
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.