Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC is the WORST!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC is the WORST!

First of all their online account management auto-pay will not accept either a) min payment or b) total due or c) even set up 'real' recurrng payments.  For instance you have to accept all of the future dates but it is up to you to change any of those that fall on a holiday or weekend so that the auto-payment happens in time.

Regardless, this is useless because you have to pick an amount, in the future, and for each of them you have to anticipate what the payment will be.  Every other card I have you can choose a) auto pay (and they take care of the dates and b) whether you want a fixed amount, minimum due, or amount due.

So what is the point of this?  To lull customers into a sense of false security so they make late payments, incur fees, and then have their rates go up?

Further their bank services sucks. I made an $800 deposit at 8:00 am in CASH, it is not available today to cover a check coming in in the a.m. I checked online it doens't show. I called card services, it doesn't list.  Of course, there is NOOOO way to speak to anyone in person.

I called Credit Card Services (by way of India of course) and they keep trying to push me back to the same exact #. 

I'm cancelling my card and bank account tomorrow.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
mark925
New Contributor

Re: HSBC is the WORST!

I share the same kind of hatred for them.   What I wrote over on (another board) about them:

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE BestBuy/HSBC. I should say I HATE HATE HATE the way they are with their online payments. They charge an extra $15 to post your payment the same day. Regular online payments take at least 2 days to process. I just sent them a payment yesterday (the 1st) for my bill due on the 7th. Their system says the earliest it will post to my account is the 5th. I have 5 credit cards and they are the ONLY ones that are like this. About a year ago I called them up and actually got into it with one of their reps over this as I had made an online payment on a Wednesday night but because of the weekend and a holiday (Columbus Day) it wasn't going to post until that following Tuesday (and it was due on Monday!)...which because of their asinine system makes it late....even though I technically submitted it 5 days prior to the due date. I tried reasoning with them to see if they would either a) post it the same day and waive the $15 fee or b)  make it late but waive the late fee and they refused to do either. I ended up just giving them the extra $15 so they would process it quicker rather than eating the $35 or $39 late fee.

...and as of next month I will have them completely paid off and the most they'll see on there from me is a pack of chewing gum every once in awhile to keep it open for my CR.

Edited to remove name.

Message Edited by WhirledPeasPlease on 01-13-2009 05:10 PM
Message 2 of 8
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

No argument from me.
Message 3 of 8
oracles
Valued Contributor

They do have to do some much need work in thier processes.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I opened a personal acount with Chase, with whom I just opened a business account.  Very easy, and, get this, I can use my Chase Credit Cards as overdraft protection.  All my accounts are linked online.

I'll be taking most of my money out of HSBC, and paying down the CC to $0, using it for my $29.99 TMobile Account and paying that off every month, via my Bill Payment, not HSBC, prior to statement date every month.

Message 5 of 8
hopeagain
Contributor

I have 2 HSBC cards. I only use one of the cards because of the cash back rewards.

I pay using my BOA online payment. It's easy to find past payments & they send me ebills.

I've got to say that BOA online banking has saved me. I used to be afraid to know my balance but now I check it everyday.

Message 6 of 8
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

@hopeagain wrote:

I have 2 HSBC cards. I only use one of the cards because of the cash back rewards.

I pay using my BOA online payment. It's easy to find past payments & they send me ebills.

I've got to say that BOA online banking has saved me. I used to be afraid to know my balance but now I check it everyday.

Make sure you use both cards at least once every two to three months. HSBC CC's that are unused for three months or more are closed!
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know about their regular banking services, but their HSBC Direct online savings account is the best (i.e. no checking, just used for savings at a relatively high rate, even when compared to money markets).
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.