Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC sells US CC to Captial One

tag
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

Re: HSBC sells US CC to Captial One

@Anonymous wrote:

What might happen to Orchard Bank credit card holders after the transfer if CapOne finds that person was blacklisted with CapOne?

How do you know if you were blacklisted? Did you default with them recently? I still had the CA of theirs on my CR and they still gave me a new card, granted it was a mere $300 limit (its also in credit steps) but it was my first card again when I started to repair. I only just got it this past April. So you may not be as blacklisted as you might think. Unless it was recent?

Message 11 of 33
brian2220
Regular Contributor

@Mekitcat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What might happen to Orchard Bank credit card holders after the transfer if CapOne finds that person was blacklisted with CapOne?

How do you know if you were blacklisted? Did you default with them recently? I still had the CA of theirs on my CR and they still gave me a new card, granted it was a mere $300 limit (its also in credit steps) but it was my first card again when I started to repair. I only just got it this past April. So you may not be as blacklisted as you might think. Unless it was recent?

they may not blacklist but the probably have you under a microscope

My Cards
BBVA/Compass 2/12 $ 5000 ----- Chase Freedom 12/10 $3000 ---- Cabela's 1/12 $3000 -----US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards 6/11 $3000 ----Walmart Discover 10/11 $2814 ------ Discover More 11/11 $2500 ----- Amazon Store Card 2/11 $2100---- Amex Zync 4/11 ---- Citi Dividend Platinum Select 3/11 $1950 ---- BofA Cash Rewards 12/11 $1000
Message 12 of 33
p-
Valued Contributor

@meka1984 wrote:

The news that everyone has wanted to know: HSBC will sell it US based CCs to Capital One for $2.6 billion.

I wonder what will happen to people like myself who already have 2 Capital One cards and one HSBC. Will they combine my card with HSBC? Let me know your thoughts.

Tell me what you all think about Capital One taking over.

Hmm..  I have a 3k cap1 already, but my OB is like 4 years older, and only at 770... wonder if they wil let me convert or combine?  That would be nice.

Message 13 of 33
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

That they might, but my scores really improved and I carry a small balance on it. Kind of hard to use it though because it is so small. Need to keep my uti down.

I also have an HSBC, so now two cap 1's lol

Its hard to give my opinion on the buy out yet, I am grateful they gave me a second chance though.

Message 14 of 33
p-
Valued Contributor

Message 15 of 33
Switch2007
Contributor

Not sure how I feel about this... was just getting to give my Orchard card a bit of respect since they gave me a $200 CLI (horrid I know), and now they go and join the ranks of Cap One. I wonder if this is why they haven't been extending any? (Thoughts on this anyone????) 

I've been seriously considering getting rid of both cards anyway.... perhaps I should just wait a while and see whats going on... what comes of it all

Starting Score: 08/01/2009 584
Current Score: 08/01/2011 EQ 684 EX (Lender Pull) 702 TU 712
Goal Score: 780+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cant wait to see how this pans out for me. Have two Cap 1 cards. One a rebuilder they gave me when I had a write off and paid it off. The most recent I got last year and is in credit steps. I have two HSBC cards - One of which is through Direct Merchants bank.

This may be a rocky road.

Message 17 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm....

Wonder if this will make it more difficult or easier to get store cards like a Best Buy card....

Message 18 of 33
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@p- wrote:

@meka1984 wrote:

The news that everyone has wanted to know: HSBC will sell it US based CCs to Capital One for $2.6 billion.

I wonder what will happen to people like myself who already have 2 Capital One cards and one HSBC. Will they combine my card with HSBC? Let me know your thoughts.

Tell me what you all think about Capital One taking over.

Hmm..  I have a 3k cap1 already, but my OB is like 4 years older, and only at 770... wonder if they wil let me convert or combine?  That would be nice.

That's what I'm hoping, too. I already have two cards with them, so I'm hoping that I can combine the orchards into my Cash Rewards MC. We'll see...

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 19 of 33
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm....

Wonder if this will make it more difficult or easier to get store cards like a Best Buy card....

DH has a BBRZ MC, but no other Cap1 cards. So, this should be ok for him.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.