Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC sells US CC to Captial One

tag
meka1984
Regular Contributor

HSBC sells US CC to Captial One

The news that everyone has wanted to know: HSBC will sell it US based CCs to Capital One for $2.6 billion.

I wonder what will happen to people like myself who already have 2 Capital One cards and one HSBC. Will they combine my card with HSBC? Let me know your thoughts.

Tell me what you all think about Capital One taking over.

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
JMN
Frequent Contributor

Re: HSBC sells US CC to Captial One

For !@#$%^&*'s sake.

I don't want to do more business with Capital One. My one card with them is enough as it is - they're idiots. Citi, Chase, AmEx, U.S. Bank, Bank of America, Navy Fed, etc, look like angels compared to CrapOne.

I may consider closing that card, then. It sucks because it's a $9,500 tradeline, but honestly...

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 2 of 33
meka1984
Regular Contributor

I've been doing business with Capital One for a very long time. They're okay in my eyes. However, Citi, Chase, and Navy Fed have to be the best cards. I was actually looking forward to Chase getting this portfolio.

Message 3 of 33
JMN
Frequent Contributor

I'd have preferred Wells or PNC, personally.

And CrapOne was one of my first cards. It is now my lowest limit since they refuse to CLI it, which is fine. If they want to keep me at $3k, I'll give my business to Citi, Chase, U.S. Bank, Bank of America and Navy - all of which had no issue either issuing or CLIing me to $20k or higher on my cards with them.

And I cannot stand their outsourced customer service - they're worst than most -

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 4 of 33
meka1984
Regular Contributor

We all will see how the sell of this portfolio will work out. I'm going to be optimistic!Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 33
brian2220
Regular Contributor

why just why lol

oh well i guess i will cancel it in a few weeks and apply for a walmart discover card in its place Smiley Very Happy

My Cards
BBVA/Compass 2/12 $ 5000 ----- Chase Freedom 12/10 $3000 ---- Cabela's 1/12 $3000 -----US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards 6/11 $3000 ----Walmart Discover 10/11 $2814 ------ Discover More 11/11 $2500 ----- Amazon Store Card 2/11 $2100---- Amex Zync 4/11 ---- Citi Dividend Platinum Select 3/11 $1950 ---- BofA Cash Rewards 12/11 $1000
Message 6 of 33
meka1984
Regular Contributor

lol...brian.

Message 7 of 33
daylove
Regular Contributor

@meka1984 wrote:

We all will see how the sell of this portfolio will work out. I'm going to be optimistic!Smiley Wink

You have to wait almost a year  "The deal is expected to close in the second quarter of 2012" .

Message 8 of 33
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

@JMN wrote:

I'd have preferred Wells or PNC, personally.

And I cannot stand their outsourced customer service - they're worst than most - hell, I'm quarter Indian and saying this!

In my view, Chase and many others have the same outsourced customer service. And "worst" is a superlative hence you cannot use it in a comparison. Smiley Very Happy

With regard to PNC, I've been an account owner for seven years, had their CC for four years.In the branch you get treated kindly. However, whenever I called them on the phone, I had rude reps. Almost always. When Elan still did their CCs, that was ok. Elan reps were very helpful. But PNC phone reps have been outright unhelpful to me.

Message 9 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

What might happen to Orchard Bank credit card holders after the transfer if CapOne finds that person was blacklisted with CapOne?

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.