Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HSBC

We're digressing here. HSBC continues to generate new CC customers on a daily basis. And, while in a variety of cases they may not be the most popular jelly for your toast, it is still jelly and plenty others (outside the little MF slice) still like it ☺️

With that, we will leave @Jnbmom to provide us with an update on DH's situation.
Message 31 of 38
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I will but it may be a bit , anyone familiar with my DH he absolutely loathes calling on the phone . I made him call cap one b/c he couldn’t reset his online access ( hadn’t used in long time prior to switch over) Anyhow that in itself was a task for me 🤣🤣🤣but will update when I can coax him into this one 😘
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 32 of 38
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Jnbmom wrote:
I will but it may be a bit , anyone familiar with my DH he absolutely loathes calling on the phone . I made him call cap one b/c he couldn’t reset his online access ( hadn’t used in long time prior to switch over) Anyhow that in itself was a task for me 🤣🤣🤣but will update when I can coax him into this one 😘

Ah yes I do recall that.  I think that your DH and @GApeachy's DH share that common trait! 😄  I can't say that I blame them though.  Keep us posted. 

Message 33 of 38
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Idk what to say but I can picture it ALLLLLL in my mind's eye.........well cuz they are duplicates, twins, two peas in a pod.  And they're ours; all oursHeartSmiley LOLSmiley Frustrated    Lol, tell him I said "Howdie"Smiley Very Happy and to quit frowning when you ask, "When ya gonna call....

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 34 of 38
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@FinStar 

You nailed it!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They are well known for ridiculous fraud policies but that ones next level stupid. 

Not really "stupid",  You just Don't understand HSBC's level of Security.

They Don't Call it "World Class" just for the heck of it.

Right now I have just Shy of $250,000 cash in their HSBC Direct Savings.

Honestly, I sleep well at night, knowing some fraudster will never be able to get at it.

I have The HSBC Premier Card and Cash Rewards card with a combined limit of $75,000

I have had ZERO issues with My cards. Customer Service has been top notch IMHO.

Just Ask @Anonymous about HSBC? 

Yeah but, you sleep with a loaded shot gun?!  Smiley Sad  In my past HSBC has provided me with great cards and I only wished they had not withdrawn from the market place back in 2009. Even pleaded with them to not turn my business over to another bank. Alas, it was part of the deal and I was gone! Loved my HSBC American Express Card and they were forever giving me extra incentives like a 7.9% fixed purchases rate and 15.9% cash fixed rate (permanent rates). Also, had an HSBC Cash Rewards MasterCard and it served me well. Agreed, times change and I note they were good to me Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 38
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They are well known for ridiculous fraud policies but that ones next level stupid. 

Not really "stupid",  You just Don't understand HSBC's level of Security.

They Don't Call it "World Class" just for the heck of it.

Right now I have just Shy of $250,000 cash in their HSBC Direct Savings.

Honestly, I sleep well at night, knowing some fraudster will never be able to get at it.

I have The HSBC Premier Card and Cash Rewards card with a combined limit of $75,000

I have had ZERO issues with My cards. Customer Service has been top notch IMHO.

Just Ask @Anonymous about HSBC? 

Yeah but, you sleep with a loaded shot gun?!  Smiley Sad  In my past HSBC has provided me with great cards and I only wished they had not withdrawn from the market place back in 2009. Even pleaded with them to not turn my business over to another bank. Alas, it was part of the deal and I was gone! Loved my HSBC American Express Card and they were forever giving me extra incentives like a 7.9% fixed purchases rate and 15.9% cash fixed rate (permanent rates). Also, had an HSBC Cash Rewards MasterCard and it served me well. Agreed, times change and I note they were good to me Smiley Happy

Thanks for sharing @Anonymous Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 38
budugu
Regular Contributor

Their IT is a bit annoying. Especially when you are a new customer. I had a checking / savings account and applied for a credit card online and that application was lost in the ether. Had to mail bank manager to track it down submit the same identity proofs that i gave her during the checking application. Also their website & mobile app are slowly improving. if not for high interest direct savings i probably would not stay with them either. That said they had super competitive mortgage rates (3.4% 30YR) when i asked for quote last week.

amex - plat + bcp, Apple Card, Citi Prestige (AU)
Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.