Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC

@ficonovice wrote:
The store card has higher limits than the Master Card? I thought the MC would have higher limits--I've heard that store cards generally are pretty low limits (I don't have any store cards). I think my pre-approved offer was for the MC, but not sure. I'll check tonight.
HMS

Not to change the topic but the store card in my opinion is a lot better, you get a lot of special offers in the mail. Just yesterday I got one that said spend $499 and no interest for 18 months and a 10% off coupon. When I bought a 200 christmas present for my brother with no coupons it was no interest for 90 days. A lot of great offers, have had it a year and have got 1 CLI. Ok back to the regularly scheduled program. HSBC
Message 21 of 37
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

ficonovice wrote:
The store card has higher limits than the Master Card? I thought the MC would have higher limits--I've heard that store cards generally are pretty low limits (I don't have any store cards). I think my pre-approved offer was for the MC, but not sure. I'll check tonight.
HMS

This is true for most store cards, but electronics and appliance stores tend to have high CL's, so that you can buy lots of Expensive Stuff.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 22 of 37
heirophant
Established Contributor

Changing the subject back, when I got a pre-approved offer for my Orchard Card, on the back of the offer, it said that you could only have 1 HSBC card, then I got an offer from HSBC for their gold card with no AF and it said on the back of the offer  that you are allowed to have 2 HSBC cards.  I applied and got it.  So, the point brought up earlier that they like to only issue 1 card unless by invitation seems to be true.  It is probably more true for Orchard customers, because why would we get an orchard card unless we had bad credit?
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 23 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird...HSBC told me you can't have more than 1 card.

Spoke to a woman in the executive office and she said the same thing. She did make an effort to try to get me the card after the CSRs screwed up and pulled my reports twice.

She credited me for the annual fee on the Orchard and cancelled the card so I could try for the HSBC card. Got denied because inquiries so I had to re-open the Orchard. 3 inquiries for nothing, so I had to ask her about removing them and got that done too.

Oh well...Orchard has been my friend for 7 years now.
Message 24 of 37
nathan
Frequent Contributor

The same thing happened to me. They actually sent me an email inviting me to apply for another card. I called and was told by some buffon in India that I could have two cards without a problem. I applied and was denied instantly and the reason was that i already have a card with them. I called them and I was told you must have preapproval in the mail to apply. I asked them why did they send an email inviting me to apply even though they knew I already have a card with them. They could not answer why and still refused to cancel the inq. I cant wait to close it on its one year anniversary. I don't even need no more subprimes. HSBC is very deceptive!!!
Message 25 of 37
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

Well i been having thier card since 5/2006 untill now my limit still the same  $500 with $24 annual fee .
even i use thier card usually,and pay on time . i am going to wait untill next april if no cli ,then close it . 
Message 26 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call Orchard and ask. That's how it's done with them.
Very rare they just give you an increase.

Message Edited by EddieX on 12-28-2007 09:53 AM
Message 27 of 37
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

DH has BestBuy with 3100 limit.  Just don't be late.  Once in 3 years we were one week late and the Indian call center called and REALLY raked him over the coals.  Once I found there was an error in my online banking I called and made a large payment. 

I love the BestBuy because of the generous no interest terms, just don't be late or there's a good chance you may lose your first born child.  sheesh.
Message 28 of 37
SWISSOATL
Contributor

In the terms and conditions it says 2 minimum!
EQ N/A
EXP- 692
TU- 673 3/10/08br>
Message 29 of 37
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for all the input  .Smiley Happy
i am planning  to apply for BEST BUY CARD next couple months,but i had BK in 10/2005  is that going to prevent me to get approve ??
My fico score in 11/25/2007  EXP 669, TU 625,AND EQ ?? 
Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.