Regular Contributor

HSBC

Are they not giving any CLI any more?

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: HSBC

Did you call the number in the back of your card, also by chance do you have a luv button on your on-line account.  I have the HSBC RewardsZone Mastercard and as far as I know they are mostly giving out cli's but I have read other people threads where HSBC can be tough getting a cli, but generally cli's results in a hard pull mostly unless your lucky for a soft pull, I just recieved a cli last month.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 28
kal9988
Regular Contributor

I don't want to risk getting declined bec they're selling the division and having a hard pull

Message 3 of 28
IowaGuy
Contributor

I doubt the are giving CLIs now. If they do, let me know, lol.
700 Club
Amex Gold PR, Main card, Role: rewards
Chase Amazon Visa, Role: Amex backup
Pen Fed Promise, Role: low APR, balances
Amazon Store Card, Role: 0% financing
Message 4 of 28
ptkdude
Regular Contributor

I clicked the LUV button last night, and it said they are no longer giving credit line increases.

Message 5 of 28
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

they started doing them again the end of may  you have to call them on the phone to request them they will try to get you an automatic one and if not they have to pull your credit report i got a really nice one back then on both of my cards

Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

They were accepting customer initiated cli for about 2-3 weeks and changed their mind. My 100 card went to 400.

Message 7 of 28
kal9988
Regular Contributor

you can request an automatic CLI from a credit card that doesn't do a hard pull?

Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

does anyone remember how long they had the CLI freeze last time? just wondering how long it might be until it's an option again. it's not a time sensitive issue for me, but just want to try upping my measly orchard CL.

given the HSBC buyout news stories, i doubt it'll be next week, but here's hoping. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 28
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

does anyone remember how long they had the CLI freeze last time? just wondering how long it might be until it's an option again. it's not a time sensitive issue for me, but just want to try upping my measly orchard CL.

given the HSBC buyout news stories, i doubt it'll be next week, but here's hoping. Smiley Wink

Almost 2 years IIRC.

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.