cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSN Comenity to Synchrony migration disaster what in the world is going on?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSN Comenity to Synchrony migration disaster what in the world is going on?

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Synchrony aprs are not trash, they are what they are and everyone who agrees to apply or manage an account should understand what the apr for such account is. Store cards are notorious for high apr and it isnt really a secret.

While this is all true they are on the high end for APR. My Target card is 5% less APR nearly. My WF card is even lower. It doesn't matter anyhow since I don't carry a balance on any of them it's just to give a indication of how poor of a value it is. 

That isn't to say there isn't worse cards with APRs even higher then 30% 

Message 11 of 22
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, The phone system seems to finally acklowedge the correct payment that was made awhile ago. Right now however she cannot access her online account and they have been utterely useless. 

She got an extremely rude agent that eventually talked to me that again had the attitude I don't care. Why are you botherting me? Suppoedly a ticket has be filed but I know what those lead to. Eventually I was just disconneted after being placed on hold.

Anybody have any information on how to file a corprate complaint at synchrony?  This is something that cannot be waited out when they expect a payment to be due in the next week. Making a payment by phone seems iffy when they are having so many issues.

I can see now why they so many complants here on MyFICO and around to avoid Synchrony like the plague. 

Taking a peak over at HSN forums it seems others are having similar issues. 

Of course there's going to be problems. They're moving millions of accounts and their histories from one bank to another over the course of a few days. They probably use different systems and anything that isn't scripted to transfer over to their respective spots will need to be manually reviewed and entered. I helped work on Chase's digitizing of it's files. It took months to get everything to show up properly in people's accounts and everything was internal. I couldn't imagine what would have happened if we had to integrate another bank's portfolio. Probably would have quit. 

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Of course there's going to be problems. They're moving millions of accounts and their histories from one bank to another over the course of a few days. They probably use different systems and anything that isn't scripted to transfer over to their respective spots will need to be manually reviewed and entered. I helped work on Chase's digitizing of it's files. It took months to get everything to show up properly in people's accounts and everything was internal. I couldn't imagine what would have happened if we had to integrate another bank's portfolio. Probably would have quit. 

This is true however when peoples credit is on the line it can cause major problems. I'm sure it eventually can be fixed but it's not fun. Like say your applying for a mortgage and they suddenly see a missed payment reported it's going to raise eyebrows.

I guess Comenity and Synchrony could not come up with an agreement to make the migration smooth. Why not move accounts over in small batches weekly over the course of 6 months for a smooth mgiration? then notify those people that their account will move on X date? A Sudden mass migration seems to be really poorly planned. 

Seeing how synchrony conducts business people having issues are going to be in for a ride. 

Message 13 of 22
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

They do notify and move in batches. This forum was littered with the notices from sync when PayPal credit transferred. They specified the dates the system would be unavailable. Same thing is happening with Walmart transferring from sync to Cap1. Notices have been going out for a while. I highly doubt they decided to not do it for HSN.

As for your example, a loan officer would be aware of these issues, you have proof of cleared payment, and a letter can probably be obtained from sync that the system is currently in flux. Plus, that's what rapid rescore is for. You fix, they repull your credit with the correctly updated report. For other types of credit, most lenders will allow you to recon and explain the situation. Unfortunately your SOL with banks like cap1 and discover that let the computer make the decisions.

In response to the rude phone reps, they're probably taking over a hundred calls a day from people like yourself, for a situation they have no control over or any way to fix. I'm sure by the 20th person yelling and threatening them, they're just trying to move to the next call. Especially when they're probably on a 3 minute per call timer.

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Plus, that's what rapid rescore is for. You fix, they repull your credit with the correctly updated report.

Hum, I'm unfamiliar with what this is.

If they re-pull you credit would it be another HP or would it be a SP in a situtation like this? Guess it may vary on the lender. 

Message 15 of 22
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Plus, that's what rapid rescore is for. You fix, they repull your credit with the correctly updated report.

Hum, I'm unfamiliar with what this is.

If they re-pull you credit would it be another HP or would it be a SP in a situtation like this? Guess it may vary on the lender. 

Some lenders offer rapid rescore when you're on a timeline and need to get something fixed. Let's say the HSN card reports 30 days late on the 17th, but it's an error. You spend a week getting it fixed with synchrony and they send an update to the bureaus. Instead of having to wait for the 17th of the next month, you can pay your lender to do a rapid rescore based on the most up to date info in your report to get your new score.

Also, I'm not gonna go back and re-read because I'm pretty sure I covered this already, she won't be reported to the bureaus for 30 days after she misses her payment. If I recall correctly, she already made her payment for the upcoming due date which means you have over 30 days to get this fixed from the due date. Her credit isn't gonna be ruined in the next week.

EDIT: I lied. I went back to read. You still have almost 3 weeks to get this fixed.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to give an update for those who care she still can't access her online account. Synchrony has called 3 times saying the case is being worked on. Agent on the phone said 48 hours and I thought yeah right.

Quite sad but ultimately my mom just ended up mailing them a payment so it gets there on time while they get their crap together. 

Too bad I was looking at a BHphoto PayBoo card but after seeing this steering CLEAR away from Synchrony products. Will be saying away from the Amazon store card as well. 

Message 17 of 22
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just to give an update for those who care she still can't access her online account. Synchrony has called 3 times saying the case is being worked on. Agent on the phone said 48 hours and I thought yeah right.

I closed my acct. after speaking with HSN csr about the transition back in June. Funny thing is Synchrony still shows I can use my acct. and still have flexpay.   None of which I am touching.....nope.  

Sorry it's been dragged out this long.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I closed my acct. after speaking with HSN csr about the transition back in June. Funny thing is Synchrony still shows I can use my acct. and still have flexpay.   None of which I am touching.....nope.  

Sorry it's been dragged out this long.

Likely for the best. I can't believe how bad they are so far. They are going to have fun processing a flood of mailed in payments due to people being unable to pay online. Two weeks being unable to access account online is insanity in this day and age. 

Service I've got so far form Target and WF is night and day with WF being the best. 

Message 19 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Quite sad but ultimately my mom just ended up mailing them a payment so it gets there on time while they get their crap together. 

Too bad I was looking at a BHphoto PayBoo card but after seeing this steering CLEAR away from Synchrony products. Will be saying away from the Amazon store card as well. 

I'm sorry your mother is having this issue, but I would suggest that her experience is definitely the exception and not the rule.

I have four accounts with Synchrony (Lowe's, Belk, Sam's Club MC and Care Credit MC) - two of which are over 10 years old - and I've never had any issues with them at all.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.