cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had to come to a realization tonight.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Had to come to a realization tonight.

I would recommend (if not against posting regulations) a book "Your Money Ratios: 8 Simple tools for Financial Security" by Charles Farrell.  Book was so good, I purchased copies for other people to read.

Message 11 of 51
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@wallyworld123 wrote:

The good news is that you recognized the problem and took care of the problem  Good for u LS.

+1

Message 12 of 51
CS800
Super Contributor

LS:

Good thing you recognized the problem. I know where you're coming from. My CL increased by over 500% and it was very tempting to go crazy and I did a bit. But I have toned down a lot in the past months.

Keep your head up and I'm sure you will do the right thing. We have all been there Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 51
beb86
Valued Contributor

Maybe you should try a little Dave Ramsey total money make over 

Message 14 of 51
guydiver
Established Contributor

Most of us here have been, are still, or will be in the same boat.  It's part of life.  I too am paying off my 5-figure CC debt, but I am making good progress.  Got my student loans paid off, car notes,  and two cards.  Gives me breathing room.  Finally got all my reports clean and I App'd for my first new card in a couple of years, mostly for the util. while I pay down my balances.  I use my debit card a lot, and I have to think twice when I pull out the cc.  Funny how hard times do that. Congrats on your new state of mind.Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 51
knj601
Established Member

It is a good thing you are coming to this realization now. You should be able to control your debt at this point. I wish I would have had an awaken much earlier on. I had over $50k in credit lines at one point with about $25k in balances. As a young twenty-something with little experience with credit, it went bad and fast. I spent way more than I was making and then bam serious health problems, job loss, and bankruptcy! I wish I actually used this forum way back when and saved myself before I lost my job and my credit. I wish you all the best of luck!! 

Current: TU (Wal-Mart) 640 EQ (myFICO) 627 EX 628 as of 10/12
BK Discharged 08/10 (The dark times)
NavChek (5000) Cap1 (2500 & 1000) hhGregg (1500) Amazon (900) & WalMart (500) Lowes (300)

Goal: No apps until 07/2013 & 700's across the board
Message 16 of 51
Epcot
Valued Contributor

I tip my hat off to you. Not many have are humble enough to admit that their spending is too high and have the willpower to admit it and do something about it. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 17 of 51
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

I'm spending way too much money for what I bring in. I actually feel humbled. I remember some oddball poster saying negative things about me here and what was said was not far off from the truth.

I have to settle down and spend what I can afford. My CC debt got up to over 10k.

I have to thank my lucky stars for PSECU, they have never let me down. I was able to get a personal loan to clear half of my CC debt and thankfully the rest is on a 0% card I can make big payments on monthly.

I have this forum to thank, because I realized I grew my credit garden way too fast and got irresponsible with it. This is a lesson learned.

Thank you everyone! Smiley Happy

(And yes, I had to take a HP on EX but this is something that had to happen to get things straight. My butt will be parked in the garden for 2 years, all of my credit aspirations have been reached and they need to age!)

Giving you big big hugs! It will all work out Smiley Wink

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 18 of 51
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

Good for you, can't fix the problem without admitting there is one. Good luck to you. 

Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Message 19 of 51
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 20 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.