Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had to fight with Amex....

tag
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Had to fight with Amex....

to pay them. ROFL!

Apparently they have some sort of policy that says new accounts can only pay the "balance due" within the first 30 days.  So basically it means that new accounts have to wait for their statements to close and then pay their bill.

I called them this morning and was like "I REALLY don't want to have a balance report..so will you folks like ummm please take my money?.....kkthx"

They did of course. (What company refuses to take a payment lol) But...it was a PITA!

Heads up for anyone in MyFICO land with a new Amex Revolver, like little of me. 

After the first 30 days passes though, its apparently no problem for them to take money.  lol

Yay for whatever security measure that is!.....not! 

The rep was nice though and after she transferred me to the payment department, and I said the above, the lady laughed and was like, this is a good problem to have if you are going to have one at all. Smiley Happy lol

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Had to fight with Amex....

LOL! To avoid that fight, you can always push a payment from your bank account.

Message 2 of 6
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

If you change the bank account you pay your card from, they will only let you do one payment in the first 30 days (unless you pay over the phone).

Message 3 of 6
RSCo
Established Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:

If you change the bank account you pay your card from, they will only let you do one payment in the first 30 days (unless you pay over the phone).

yeah.. I did not seem to have an issue with mine when I paid two times during the first 30 days..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 4 of 6
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

yeah.. I did not seem to have an issue with mine when I paid two times during the first 30 days..

Yeah I defeintetly made a few payments in first 30 days. Online with bank account link

Message 5 of 6
WAD
New Visitor
New Visitor

You guys don't know about paying your bills directly from your checking account?? Use Bill Pay for things like this.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.