Did you mean: 

Halfway to Nordstrom Visa upgrade

tag
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Re: Halfway to Nordstrom Visa upgrade

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on inching up.

I've read dozens of your threads, and you always come across so sweet. This post, either a little mean or hardened veteran I can't figure it out.

She is hardened veteran so don't take comments to be mean. She knows more than most of us here, ain't that right pizza1

Message 11 of 17
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

How do you determine when your first CLI eligibility date is coming up? Is it 6 months from opening? I've had my card for a hot minute now and I'm trying to get it increased from $3k to $5k with an upgrade to a Siggy, but if it was that big of a deal to get a $500 increase I'm not sure if I actually want to bother.

When you first get approved for the card, they will tell you that you have to wait to "ask" for a CLI after 7 months. (some get auto's before this time though). 

After you first CLI (afer 7 months of first getting the card), then you can call in and ask every 4 months. Its 4 months in between each CLI. 

My last cli was probably becasue i was close to the $5k mark, and everyone wants to upgrade when it reaches that point.  My previous two CLI's were $2k each before this one. 

Message 12 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

If its worth having for you personally, then keep going for it Pizza! Ones gotta have different credit goals otherwise wed all be stuck with our first cc and never move on haha. If i had to choose between a store card or the visa/mc version of same store card of coarse id take the visa/mc any day of the week. At least that way you have more options with the csrdSmiley Happy
Message 13 of 17
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@darwin_wins wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on inching up.

I've read dozens of your threads, and you always come across so sweet. This post, either a little mean or hardened veteran I can't figure it out.

She is hardened veteran so don't take comments to be mean. She knows more than most of us here, ain't that right pizza1

LOL..Smiley Happy  I dont know about knowing more than most here, but Id say Ive got a pretty good handle on the ins and outs of it all....Smiley Wink 

Message 14 of 17
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
If its worth having for you personally, then keep going for it Pizza! Ones gotta have different credit goals otherwise wed all be stuck with our first cc and never move on haha. If i had to choose between a store card or the visa/mc version of same store card of coarse id take the visa/mc any day of the week. At least that way you have more options with the csrdSmiley Happy

Thats been my goal all along AverageJoe....Its just taking me a little longer to get there, taking the back roads lol... Ill eventually get it I have no doubt. Like I told the credit manager, I can utilize the CL much better if it were the Visa. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 17
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your half victory, I have no doubt with your tenacity you'll get a full victory soon enough. I'd think if TD hadn't taken over you'd already had that victory. I've noticed they keep delaying their system integration, ugh TD.
Message 16 of 17
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@creditguy wrote:
Congrats on your half victory, I have no doubt with your tenacity you'll get a full victory soon enough. I'd think if TD hadn't taken over you'd already had that victory. I've noticed they keep delaying their system integration, ugh TD.

Thanks CG!!  My EX score needs to be 700 min first, so that will hold me back.  Hopefully after a stint of gardening, sometime next year Im hoping my score recovers, and I can meet the 2nd half of the goal. 

Spoke with my contact at EO tonight, and at this point they have not been given another "ETA" on when upgrades will be available.  Smiley Sad 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.