Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handy Plastiq Chart

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Handy Plastiq Chart

Found a handy Plastiq chart for what kinda payment can be used with what type of card thanks to DOC for this as was on his site, but provided by plastiq it appears

DOC LINK

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Handy Plastiq Chart

That is AWESOME! I’ll certainly keep this in mind the next time I have over $20k in SUBs to hit at once or Amex gives me another ridiculously high spending threshold to hit for a targeted bonus. 😂 

I didn’t even realize Discover and MC were viable for mortgage and HELOC payments.

Message 2 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Yep sometimes you can come out slightly ahead say on city DC if they are running a promo for 1.5% charge for say 6 charges in a row type of thing and can do mortgage.  every penny adds up

Message 3 of 26
imaximous
Valued Contributor

I use Plastiq every month for a good amount in transactions. In addition to that chart, you need to look at a separate list for Visa cards that tells you what cards process payments as cash advance.
Plastiq is supposed to give you a warning when you're about to use one of those cards, but it's always good to double-check before incurring additional fees.
Message 4 of 26
Stralem
Established Contributor

Very useful for us Plastiq users to have on hand.

Kind of disappointed by how restrictive Amex is with this platform, but not entirely surprised.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 5 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@imaximous wrote:
I use Plastiq every month for a good amount in transactions. In addition to that chart, you need to look at a separate list for Visa cards that tells you what cards process payments as cash advance.
Plastiq is supposed to give you a warning when you're about to use one of those cards, but it's always good to double-check before incurring additional fees.

Obviously a way to get around this is to drop your cash advance limit as most lenders allow this to $100 or whatever min amt. is for given lender and will just get declined if the plastiq systems doesn't recognize the card.

Message 6 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for sharing this @CreditCuriosity. This is definitely very helpful info.
Message 7 of 26
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

That is AWESOME! I’ll certainly keep this in mind the next time I have over $20k in SUBs to hit at once or Amex gives me another ridiculously high spending threshold to hit for a targeted bonus. 😂 

I didn’t even realize Discover and MC were viable for mortgage and HELOC payments.

You are kidding, aren't you B-town baller? I thought you knew about MC and Plastiq?

I've used US bank MC, Navy Fed MC's, Citibank MC's and about to use BMO MC with Plastiq.

All without issues. Discover doesn't work well. 

Message 8 of 26
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

No, for me it's always been Amex cards with the extremely high spending bonuses.  SUBs haven't historically been a problem at all for me, so I wouldn't spend any money on fees for those since that would just be paying fees that were not needed.  If hitting those was an issue, then yes it's better to get some net rewards than none.  But for cases where the rewards would outweigh the fees, I'd certainly consider it!

Message 9 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

You are kidding, aren't you B-town baller? I thought you knew about MC and Plastiq?

I've used US bank MC, Navy Fed MC's, Citibank MC's and about to use BMO MC with Plastiq.

All without issues. Discover doesn't work well. 

Are you kidding @Gmood1 , @K-in-Boston  is a Baller not a G😆

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.