Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Birthday Amex BCE!

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Happy Birthday Amex BCE!

My Amex BCE is now officially a year old.

I followed the BCP upgrade link from the regular card shopping page and it actually took me to an application instead of giving me the usual "we're sorry, your card is not eligible for an upgrade at this time."  I would like an upgrade.  However, I only want to do it if I get a decent offer, which this link did not have.

Should I expect them to start sending me upgrade offers, or is this something I need to call and ask for?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Happy Birthday Amex BCE!

Happy BCE Birthday MrDisco99.

Message 2 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

My Amex BCE is now officially a year old.

I followed the BCP upgrade link from the regular card shopping page and it actually took me to an application instead of giving me the usual "we're sorry, your card is not eligible for an upgrade at this time."  I would like an upgrade.  However, I only want to do it if I get a decent offer, which this link did not have.

Should I expect them to start sending me upgrade offers, or is this something I need to call and ask for?

The reports of upgrade offers (bonuses) are rather hit-or-miss; in my own case I also can upgrade my ED to an EDP, but there's no bonus for doing so.  Smiley Sad

Unless you are targeted, it will likely be best to just apply for the BCP and move the BCE limit over.

Message 3 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I think I started getting $100 and $150 upgrade offers after 24 months.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@wasCB14 wrote:

I think I started getting $100 and $150 upgrade offers after 24 months.

This is a good data point... my ED is just over a year old, so this time next year things might be different.  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

At about the one-year point, I had a BCE to BCP upgrade offer with a $200 bonus screaming at me whenever I logged into my account. I'm not sure if it's still available to me or not.

Message 6 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

At about the one-year point, I had a BCE to BCP upgrade offer with a $200 bonus screaming at me whenever I logged into my account. I'm not sure if it's still available to me or not.

Interesting... they clearly play favorites!  Smiley Happy

Thanks for the data point!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@MrDisco99, I have some timely news... DoC reported just today that there seems to be a batch of targeted upgrade offers being sent out:  https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targeted-amex-blue-cash-250-or-150-upgrade-offer/

Here's hoping you get a targeted offer!  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@MrDisco99, I have some timely news... DoC reported just today that there seems to be a batch of targeted upgrade offers being sent out:  https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targeted-amex-blue-cash-250-or-150-upgrade-offer/

Here's hoping you get a targeted offer!  Smiley Happy

Yep I saw that.  Been checking my Amex login and my email but nothing yet.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.