Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Thanksgiving!

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving!

What are you apping for this holiday season?

Anyone venturing out for the shopping madness this Friday? What credit cards do you plan on using?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

happy thanksgiving. 

im debating if I should buy a TV at walmart or best buy. 

id like to retain my silver premier status at best buy for another year but I just can't justify spending 1300 more dollars between now and December unless its on a 55' TV. 

walmart is doing The same 0% financing as best buy. 

it will look less maxed out on a 5k limit then a 2.5k limit. 

The other benefit for best buy is The cash reward to spend more money at best buy. go figure. 

oh and my coworker wants to use my silver status to get expedited shipping so there's 600 dollars worth of charges. 

p.s. as for applying. nothing tickles my fancy. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 13
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I had already hit my $2500 spend for the year at Best Buy, but I still made good use fo their premier silver sale on monday. I think if you are premier silver and were looking to buy a tv, your best bet would have been on monday. I think you missed out on that one.

Although, I think you get all the way until Febuary to spend the $2500. Not exactly 100% sure though. I have always hit it long before the holiday shopping season starts, even if BB does something to piss me off and I vow to not shop their...haha

But I used the monday sale to max out my $1500 category spend on the Chase Freedom. The sale gave me good gift ideas. A lot of the items I ordered arrived already, Best Buy shipped them UPS next day air for free.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 13
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

happy thanksgiving. 

im debating if I should buy a TV at walmart or best buy. 

id like to retain my silver premier status at best buy for another year but I just can't justify spending 1300 more dollars between now and December unless its on a 55' TV. 

walmart is doing The same 0% financing as best buy. 

it will look less maxed out on a 5k limit then a 2.5k limit. 

The other benefit for best buy is The cash reward to spend more money at best buy. go figure. 

oh and my coworker wants to use my silver status to get expedited shipping so there's 600 dollars worth of charges. 

p.s. as for applying. nothing tickles my fancy. 

If you don't need 3D. Check this out:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+65%26%2334%3B+Class+-+LED+-+1080p+-+120Hz+-+HDTV/4854319.p?id=...

Message 4 of 13
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

My Discover More is about to get raped Friday

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 5 of 13
Tran92
Regular Contributor

I'm probably going to take advantage of Amazon no interest financing this year for Black Friday. Still not sure what to get yet though. Decisions decisions.
TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 6 of 13
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I will be apping for nothing until January!

I'm thinking of getting my daughter a new Tv for our downstairs living room. She is currently using a set that I got when I was in college 12 years ago... decisions decisions!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 7 of 13
beb86
Valued Contributor

happy thanksgiving!! we do our xmas shopping throughout the year so were done!!! but the restaurant I manage is at our mall and I have to be there at 6am tomorrow so no escaping the crowd this year.

Message 8 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

What are you apping for this holiday season?

Anyone venturing out for the shopping madness this Friday? What credit cards do you plan on using?

Nope, too many crazies out there to get frustrated with!! Smiley Very Happy

Happy Thanksgiving all!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 13
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Ok so after I reminded myself of 5% cashback on online shopping with discover... I went to amazon and did all my Christmas shopping...

My daughter is getting a sofa and Tv for her (our) downstairs living room... the house is split level so we have two living rooms.

I also got a sectional for our upstairs living room... the furniture we have now has seen better days... ive had it since 2006.

So yep we are all done. I might get my husband some bluebird boxes for Christmas but that's it!!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.