Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard Inquiries

"Inquiries associated with applying for new credit are typically the only kind of inquiry that will impact your FICO® score."

Saw this on MyFico Equifax Credit Report.  I was under the impression that ALL hard inquiries counted against you.   For example, you get a hard inquiry when applying for a checking/savings account with a new bank/CU, right?  That is not under the umbrella of applying for new credit, though.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hard Inquiries

You get soft inquiries when you check your own credit and when ever CC company feels like checking up on you. Soft inquiries can only be seen by you when you check your credit report directly from the CRAs website. Soft inquiries don't effect your score.

All hard inquiries do effect your score (except multiple auto or mortgage inquiries made during a 14 day period).

Message Edited by Justn on 06-14-2009 02:05 PM
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hard Inquiries

That is what I thought, Justyn.

However, I think MyFICO should reword this on the "inquiries" page of their credit reports.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.