cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Inquiry if accept FNB Omaha pre-approval?

tag
CaptKirk
Established Member

Hard Inquiry if accept FNB Omaha pre-approval?

I just got a "you're pre-approved" for First National bank Omaha Visa Platinum Card. No AF. Rate is 17.99%. My scores arent too great as I am rebuilding, around 670. I am trying to avoid hard inquiries as I did an app spree earlier this year. Any ideas what kinds of CLs FNB gives for their pre-approved cards and do they do hard inquiries?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Re: Hard Inquiry if accept FNB Omaha pre-approval?

I got a preapproval from them about 10 days ago for their amex. I filled out the info online and they did a hp on experian (not sure if on eq....not on tu). I was approved within 3 days for 3500.00.....my highest limit so far
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 2 of 9
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Hey Captkirk! 

My bro got the pre-approval offer from them for ultimate Rewards Plat.  His score: 671 - EX- 45% utility- 4 years history but very little with cc.  He was approved for 3.5K. I was surprised.  I have found the lending criteria for true pre-approved offers to be a little more lax then hard apping a card.  YMMV thou!  Good luck!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 3 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

You will get a HP, but FNBO manually reviews all apps so don't expect an instant decision. 

Best of luck if you decide to go for it! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 9
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Duh- sorry Smiley Happy yep- always expect a HP when apping a credit card. Even if you are told it won't be. If you end up without one- good for you but very very few lenders offer cc without a HP to confirm credit criteria.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 5 of 9
CaptKirk
Established Member

Thanks....I think I will skip on taking this one but will keep them in mind for my next app spree some time in 2013. Until then I think i will focus on CLIs

Message 6 of 9
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

it depends im not sure about the particular bank

at my bank. 

if your pulled up in the internal program and it says your pre approved they dont pull your credit (how i got my 2k mastercard) it was just a new line. 

but if your pulled up in the teller system when you do a withdrawl/deposit etc. it will be a hard pull. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 7 of 9
CaptKirk
Established Member

that is the surprising thing, I'm not a customer. And while I do have some good cards (w/o AFs) like Capital One, Target, Amazon and USAA, I got those by proactively applying. The pre-approved card offers I usually get are for crappy sub-prime cards with huge annual fees and/or signup fees. This is actually my first pre-approval letter for a card without an AF. After hearing how careful FNB is about approving people I'm  wondering if they sent it by mistake. 

Message 8 of 9
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

i had the samething not too long ago and they just sent me another one with greater offer but through Discover logo with some cash back and some other great benefit and APR.....i still hold on to it since i dont really want another credit card right now but who know.....anw...my score range about samething with you 664 so i guess that;s their score target and take many as they want........good luck with the apps if you go for it thou and im sure its alway goiing to be hard pull..

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.