Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Pull from Bloomingdales CLI Being Reversed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard Pull from Bloomingdales CLI Being Reversed

Monday, I asked Bloomingdales CSR for a CLI provided it would be a soft pull (as usual) vs a hard pull. I was assured of a SP decision, was put on hold, and when CSR returned she informed me of a 3k CLI to 10k. Same day, Cap1 and Discover gave me instant SP CLI increases on line of 3k each. Wednesday, my FICO monitoring service notified me that TU received a hard inquiry, and my fico score decreased 3 points. I pulled my CR and saw the inquiry came from Bloomingdales. Called them, spoke to credit dept, and they are now notifying all 3 CRAs that the inquiry was an error. Glad to know that a mistaken inquiry can be reversed. Glad to have fico's monitoring service!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Hard Pull from Bloomingdales CLI Being Reversed

you submitted your request via telephone person? then ya, they shouldn't have hard pulled you especially when they said it was a soft pull. if you did it via chat, they would probably have said hard pull and if you submitted it online, you checked off for a hard pull possibility. Did this consume hours upon hours of your day? just to get a live person on the phone? 

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually it didn't take very long.  I got the notification from FICO monitoring but it didn't indicate which merchant submitted the inquiry.  So,  I called Discover (they have great, domestic service that answers quickly) and after a brief hold with a CSR I was told they cannot determine if an online request generated an inquiry or not.  Hmm.  Anyway, I figured I might hear the same from the others regardless of whether I called in, so I did the convenient think and ordered via my phone a TU credit report from FICO for $15 (with my discount) and received it instantly on my phone.  Saw that it was Bloomingdale's, called the # on the back of the card, selected the # for a CLI, got a CSR, told my story, and after a brief hold another CSR comes on the line, apologizes, and says they'll submit the retraction from all CRAs.. Took maybe 12-15 minutes all told.  

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

You believe what a Comenity CSR said? 😏 I guess a broken clock is right at least twice a day if it turns out to be true. 😊
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call me gullible! I'll hope for the best.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bloomindales is Comenity?  I thought it was DSNB (run by Citi) like Macy's is.  

@Anonymous wrote:
You believe what a Comenity CSR said? 😏 I guess a broken clock is right at least twice a day if it turns out to be true. 😊

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Bloomindales is Comenity?  I thought it was DSNB (run by Citi) like Macy's is.  

@Anonymous wrote:

You are correct, callmefilmgeek. Both Bloomingdale's and Macy's are DSNB administered by Citi.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, my bad. 😄
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please update us on what happen with your case. I received a HP from bloomingdales for a CLI without my authorization. Called them and they told me they will tell the credit agencies it was an error. Been 3-4 weeks haven't heard back from them or received an letter.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't followed up yet. No letter.  Will do so this week, that is I'll call Bloomingdales and ask for immediate verification or an updated credit report.  Will report back.  Sorry to hear you experienced the same problem!  Thought mine was just a fluke...

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.