cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardest Credit Cards To Get - For "Normal" People?

tag
saggy1
Established Member

Hardest Credit Cards To Get - For "Normal" People?

Excluding the Amex Centurion, JPM Palladium and all other very high botique lines, that most do not know about or most can not get no matter how much they call the recon line lol.....

What cards are the hardest to obtain for the general public in your opinion. In other words anyone could get them as long as they have a nice profile and a good income. But even so, these card(s) you may not get accepted if you have one or to negs on a report etc, you may not quite have enough income, profile too thin. Etc

These are cards you have if you have excellent credit and very few negs on your report.....

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Hardest Credit Cards To Get - For "Normal" People?

@saggy1 wrote:

Excluding the Amex Centurion, JPM Palladium and all other very high botique lines, that most do not know about or most can not get no matter how much they call the recon line lol.....

What cards are the hardest to obtain for the general public in your opinion. In other words anyone could get them as long as they have a nice profile and a good income. But even so, these card(s) you may not get accepted if you have one or to negs on a report etc, you may not quite have enough income, profile too thin. Etc

These are cards you have if you have excellent credit and very few negs on your report.....

Barclay Ring

AMEX BCP

Chase Sapphire

Citi Diamond Preferred

AMEX Starwood

Citi AA Advantage

Cap1 Venture

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 20
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@saggy1 wrote:

Yes! perfect question for me to ask. DISAGREE with LS on this one, except one.

Barclay Ring. (possible)

Prestige CapOne (possible)

rest are definite to me.

Iberia Bank Cards

Simmons Bank Cards

VentureOne CapOne

Amalgamated Bank of Chicago Gold

Penfed cards

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 3 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

@saggy1 wrote:

Yes! perfect question for me to ask. DISAGREE with LS on this one, except one.

Barclay Ring. (possible)

Pristige CapOne (possible)

rest are definite to me.

Iberia Bank Cards

Simmons Bank Cards

VentureOne CapOne

Amalgamated Bank of Chicago Gold

Penfed cards

The general public are not going to know about these cards unless you do a search for them.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 20
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

Hold on. I live where Iberia Bank is headquartered, and I haven't even seen any advertisements for their credit products. What's so good about their cards?

Message 5 of 20
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@SwampSystems wrote:

Hold on. I live where Iberia Bank is headquartered, and I haven't even seen any advertisements for their credit products. What's so good about their cards?

http://www.iberiabank.com/personal/credit-cards/credit-cards-comparison-chart.html 

Aprs look to be some of the lowest around, although the rewards aren't great. 

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 6 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@OptimasPrime wrote:

@SwampSystems wrote:

http://www.iberiabank.com/personal/credit-cards/credit-cards-comparison-chart.html 

Aprs look to be some of the lowest around, although the rewards aren't great. 

Those rates dont look that hot to me. You can get close to or better with a CU and get nice CL's as well without having sqeaky clean credit.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Low interest rates without annual fees. Currently in the range of 7.25 - 7.50%.

Message 8 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Low interest rates without annual fees. Currently in the range of 7.25 - 7.50%.

Yea, but most consumers inline with the requirements for those cards arent going to pay interest, their going to hit up a promo on a different card offer for 0%.

I guess to each is own, if you can get it why not Smiley Very Happy

Some people might not liek to play the promo/CB game.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some situations require immediate access to short term credit and don't allow time for an application of a 0% offer. I think not enough thought is given to interest rates with more thought of "name brand" card issuers. Marketing departments have succeeded by making their cards appealing in the short term with teaser attractions.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.