Did you mean: 

Hardest Credit Cards to Get?

tag
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: Hardest Credit Cards to Get?

@Anonymous wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion_Card

"The Centurion card is invitation-only, granted after extremely strict net worth, credit, and spending criteria are met.

American Express does not publicly disclose the requirements for getting a card."

I have a friend and his father has this card. Put him on as an AU.

He tends to talk but he said they purchased $750,000 plus of merchandise each year through the card and his net worth is well in seven figures.

Message 11 of 27
vish1
Valued Contributor

I know there are some people around here who want to know more... so...

http://www.quicksprout.com/2008/01/02/american-express-centurion-once-you-go-black-you-never-go-back...

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 12 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Thats just a crazy card to have.I'll stick with the middle-class cards Smiley Very Happy

@vish1 wrote:

http://www.quicksprout.com/2008/01/02/american-express-centurion-once-you-go-black-you-never-go-back...

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 27
vish1
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Thats just a crazy card to have.I'll stick with the middle-class cards Smiley Very Happy

@vish1 wrote:

I agree with you. Like you, I will also stick with middle-class cards.

This said, I will stop short of saying that centurion is a crazy card to have. Perceptions do change with status. If I or you were rich enough to drive a ferrari and rent islands, we will probably like the card. Most interstingly, we won't be posting on this forum.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 14 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@vish1 wrote:

I agree with you. Like you, I will also stick with middle-class cards.

This said, I will stop short of saying that centurion is a crazy card to have. Perceptions do change with status. If I or you were rich enough to drive a ferrari and rent islands, we will probably like the card. Most interstingly, we won't be posting on this forum.

Agreed. That's the card your racking bills up in your dreams Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 27
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

penfed amex discover bofa and some of the citi cards(like diners club mc)

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 16 of 27
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

and of course the black card from amex and the pladium card from chase must have 30mil total relationship with them to apply

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

For myself it was my new Citi card.. was denied once and had to recon for 500 bucks... lame.. only other harder card was my local CU.. they are just strict.
Message 18 of 27
vish1
Valued Contributor

@creditguy-378 wrote:

and of course the black card from amex and the pladium card from chase must have 30mil total relationship with them to apply

I am sure you know that centurion is the black card. AFAIK, Amex has never specified the requirements for the black card.

Message 19 of 27
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

bbva compass, penfed, umb, i don't know but i have always wondered. i hear it is discover more, but it is all to unclear. of course i dont consider cards of af, so i count them out.

so i would guess some visa signature cards, and some world mastercards without the af, nordstrom signature visa for one; i keep hearing their low apr no af makes them harder to obtain. wells fargo visa is harder to obtain from what i hear. iberia platinum i think too. i am going for that card next year.

i believe simmons visa is the hardest non af card to obtain. they have ridiculous requirements such as you must have full time employment to be approved. and then they give you small limits like capital one or hsbc. but the low limits makes this card rather pointless in my opinion to obtain.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.