cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardest credit card to get (excluding the obvious)

tag
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: Hardest credit card to get (excluding the obvious)

@Open123 wrote:

For me, I think US Bank seems to be the most stringent.  My first card, they reviewed and interviewed me before approving it.

I walked into a US Bank after having one secured card for 1 year and no other credit history of any kind. They immediately approved me for $8,500.

Oh, and to stay on topic... get any credit card you want, as long as its a VISA Infinite Smiley Wink

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 21 of 32
phonic
Contributor

Ever since I established a good credit profile, the only issuer I've ever had a problem with was Barclays. Applied for the USAirways preferred card and got a decline. Forget why exactly, but I called the recon line and they did approve me right away with a $5k limit. I then immediately SD'd it since I just wanted the benefits. 

Limits: PRG=NPSL, CSP=$16k, BCP=$30k, DIT=$15k, USAA=$6k, CDW=$12.5k, IHG=$9k, BBY=$2k, BOA=$13k
Message 22 of 32
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@ghawdex wrote:

So, I want something that's a "Hard to get card" but one that may have some good benefits.

Define "good benefits".  One person's "good benefits" is another's "useless features".  Rather using difficulty as a primary criterion, I'd always recommend finding cards that suit your needs/wants.

"Difficult" can also vary if you're referring to underwriting criteria.  One may have difficulty with obtaining a given card while another may not.

Message 23 of 32
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@w003ptr wrote:

US Bank Cash+ because you can't apply online.

If you call US Bank they can send you an email in which you can apply online !

1-800-444-1244

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 24 of 32
dabossman
Contributor

Dang you wade, that might just pull me out of the garden that i've only been in for 4 days

Mouse over for Limits, Sorted Oldest to Newest
Message 25 of 32
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@dabossman wrote:

Dang you wade, that might just pull me out of the garden that i've only been in for 4 days

I know it works I just called them yesterday and the banker said he could send an email or you can do it over the phone Smiley Happy))) sorry I wasnt trying to get you out of the garden also it is fixing to make me lost my spade

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 26 of 32
dabossman
Contributor

i'm going to wait a few months tho, unfortuantely suffer the consequences of missing out on 5% dining and garden my SM 5k limit and wait to CLI my Amex BCE to above 5K so I can get the VISA siggy without a hitch.... 

Message 27 of 32
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@dabossman wrote:

i'm going to wait a few months tho, unfortuantely suffer the consequences of missing out on 5% dining and garden my SM 5k limit and wait to CLI my Amex BCE to above 5K so I can get the VISA siggy without a hitch.... 

The cash+ is a hard nut to crack!!! Yeah you need a 5k limit maybe 2

Message 28 of 32
dabossman
Contributor

got me licking my lips over here haha, but in 6 months i'll have 2 reporting cards with both over 5k limit and a raise at my job so i can have a larger income too

Message 29 of 32
dabossman
Contributor

and pay off my car loan for the pluses

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.