Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harebrained Disco Idea!?!

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Harebrained Disco Idea!?!

@GApeachy , correct. This method is not considered a cash advance but a regular purchase though i wouldnt want all my transactions showing cash removals. Something might trip an algorithm and then you might find yourself dancing to Rhythm of the NightSmiley Wink
Message 21 of 28
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
@LaureC, correct. This method is not considered a cash advance but a regular purchase though i would want all my transactions showing cash removals. Something might trip an algorithm and then you might find yourself dancing to Rhythm of the NightSmiley Wink

Edit: Algorithm or not...this is new to me.  What do the transactions look like when you take money at the register?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 22 of 28
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Medic981 

Hey, what does it look like on a stmt? Is it coded or something in a certain way?

Message 23 of 28
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

I took $60 off my Disco at a high end grocery store once and Disco sent me like 3 "was this you???" emails and app alerts. I think this feature sets off warning bells internally and I don't see how pulling cash would equate "spend" in their algorithms.

I'd also be weary of the 4056-T's, at least until we get some solid DP's on the triggers.

Message 24 of 28
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

I took $60 off my Disco at a high end grocery store once and Disco sent me like 3 "was this you???" emails and app alerts.

Okay, this is an answer I needed.  Never seen these kind of alerts so I guess my AU's have never done this.  I always told them no Cash Advances, then to find you can STILL get money..how annoying.  Thank you @ChargedUp for this post.

Why is it always $60?  Is that just a thing with Discover?

Message 25 of 28
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I think $60 is the upper limit for one transaction.

Message 26 of 28
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Unlike Wally or Sams $100, Disco likes to keep us groundedSmiley Wink
Message 27 of 28
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Discovery cash over transactions are limited to $120 every 24 hours with no monthly limit.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.