cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has BML replaced any CC as your Go To Big Ticket Item Card?

tag
Duke-of-Earl
Regular Contributor

Re: Has BML replaced any CC as your Go To Big Ticket Item Card?

I thought BML was limited to small charges, but this post suggests I've been wrong about that.  What kind of CLs do they give?

Starting Score: EQ 804 - (April 2009)
Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Recent Scores: EQ 807 / TU 799 - (March 2012)
Goal: Survive Another Day
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 25
Smug
Established Contributor

Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 22 of 25
Smug
Established Contributor

I would never use them kinda reminds me of the rent to roll tire places, you get to rent tires and rims for your car...lol
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 23 of 25
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Tires are consumables so financing them is generally a bad idea.  BML can be used for durable goods.  Come to think of it. I think I actually used BML for tires -- though I paid them off before the promotional financing expired.  It can be a very handy tool and, like any tool, can be used for benefit or misused.

@Duke-of-Earl wrote:

I thought BML was limited to small charges, but this post suggests I've been wrong about that.  What kind of CLs do they give?

Can't speak to what the upper limit is.  I got to $2,500 before I stopped using it.

Message 24 of 25
chasing8s
Valued Member

Although I haven't replaced BML as my go to big ticket cc, I certainly do enjoy the convenience of the 2500  trade line that doesn't report to the CRA and bring down my score if I happen to leave 2400 charged on it for a month or two.  And BML does offer a cashback program with several stores, so you have the ability to get those bennies as well!  For instance, I noticed the other day, Petco has a 7% cashback option if you pay with your Paypal account, so that beats a lot of the major credit cards. 

I like that you could choose to PIF or carry a balance at 0% interest AND get cashback.  BML has proven to be a pretty neat tool for some purchases for me, but I guess I'm old-fashioned and like holding on to my others for the security of a tangible credit card  Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.