Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Citi grown a heart?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has Citi grown a heart?

Hi all!

I've been helping my girlfriend with some credit repair. She has a Citi card which she has had about 12 years. She has gone through a period of health problems and is on the rebound but the net effect on her credit has been a disaster. She has more than one account currently in collections and a few judgments over the last year and a half.

Imagine my surprise when Citi offered to unrestrict her credit card if she would make up the past due payments and bring it current. They also agreed to reverse the last 2 late fees once she is back on top. They did stop short of offering any GW on her reporting of the lates. I told her to get the cards balance way down and keep it there for several months and then we can work on the GWs. The limit is only $500 so I'm hoping they will hold to their end of the bargain once she has upheld hers. We literally wrote the check and ran it to the post office as soon as we got off of the phone.

Keeping my fingers crossed for her.

CB

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has Citi grown a heart?

Citi is bleeding cash everyday and must do these things from what I have been reading in the finacial times. They need Cash....... bad. But congrats on this I hope it works out for you.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They haven't grown a heart.  They've grown a brain.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe they've grown both.Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe they've grown both.Smiley Very Happy

Hallelujah!  PTL!!  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe they will grow a heart one day and give me back my 9.2 APR.  I got rate jacked a month ago to 29.99% for nothing...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.