Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Citi stopped doing Product Changes?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has Citi stopped doing Product Changes?

Hi, de-lurking to post this! After reading about so many people's easy experiences with Citi product changes, I called the number on the back of my 3-year-old Diamond Preferred Rewards AmEx a few minutes ago to try and change to the DPR MC or the Forward Visa (I use my Citi as my primary card and have had some issues lately with some vendors I frequent not accepting AmEx).

The first CSR who answered said he'd put me on hold to "see how he could best help me today," but the CSR who got on the line after him said that they -just- stopped doing consolidations & product changes within the past 2 weeks, and to call back in a month.

Has anyone else heard anything like this from Citi recently?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Has Citi stopped doing Product Changes?

It could be true. The only way you'll know for sure is if you call back and ask again.
Message 2 of 5
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, de-lurking to post this! After reading about so many people's easy experiences with Citi product changes, I called the number on the back of my 3-year-old Diamond Preferred Rewards AmEx a few minutes ago to try and change to the DPR MC or the Forward Visa (I use my Citi as my primary card and have had some issues lately with some vendors I frequent not accepting AmEx).

The first CSR who answered said he'd put me on hold to "see how he could best help me today," but the CSR who got on the line after him said that they -just- stopped doing consolidations & product changes within the past 2 weeks, and to call back in a month.

Has anyone else heard anything like this from Citi recently?

PC request also denied...but mileage varies -others have posted recent success with citi PC. 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 5
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Sounds suspect. I just PC'd from Mastercard to AMEX last week. Citi is in such disarray...
Message 4 of 5
MMart078
Regular Contributor

@MrShush wrote:
Sounds suspect. I just PC'd from Mastercard to AMEX last week. Citi is in such disarray...

Yes they are.... they say they never sleep, but it looks like its time for them to take a nap and stop being so moody!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.