cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone apped recently, for this card? If so any data points?

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Has anyone apped recently, for this card? If so any data points?

A while back, posters in at least 2 other threads that I can recall had pointed out this gem of a card, that has a rewards program structure very similar to the Citi Costco card, link provided below.  I was just wondering if anyone has apped recently for this card, and if so, do you have any data points, such as the FICO score you were approved at for it, the SL you received if approved, etc.?  I recently checked the credit pulls database, but I couldn't find any info on the card the last time I searched for it there?

https://www.infirstfcu.org/personal-banking/credit-cards/visa-rewards/

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone apped recently, for this card? If so any data points?

I just got approved this week for the Costco Visa, SL of $5,500!!! I am in rebuild mode so the approval itself was shocking, much less the SL.

They pulled Exp or EQ, can't remember which right now, but both reports are nearly identical. Scores 663-665,several old baddies still reporting, including a few public records. These are paid but we not all reflected as such on my reports yet. My AAOA is less than 2 yrs and I also have 10+ inquiries on each report,due to rebuilding and no new credit in over 10 yrs beyond car loans.

The biggest kicker? One of the PR's is a $10k judgement from Citi filed in 2010. I've paid this in full, but the non-TU CB's have not updated it. TU actually deleted my paid judgements -yay!

Anyway, I was stunned to even get approved, much less a good SL. I tried for the Citi DC the same night but got declined for that. I guess I'm not officially back in with them until I get approved for a non-co branded card but at lest my foot is slightly I the door

Hope this helps
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh, never mind. I thought you were asking about the Costco Visa. Sorry for apparent lack of reading comprehension skills.
Message 3 of 12
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I tend to think there's usually a reason when a product isn't popular. Maybe the credit union isn't the best somehow. There's gotta be a reason no one went for this.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ugh, never mind. I thought you were asking about the Costco Visa. Sorry for apparent lack of reading comprehension skills.

I was gonna say...

Message 5 of 12
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No worries, it's all good lol -- also congrats on your Citi Costco VISA approval; that is awesome!!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 12
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
I tend to think there's usually a reason when a product isn't popular. Maybe the credit union isn't the best somehow. There's gotta be a reason no one went for this.

I was considering apping for it not too long ago; then ultimately decided to continue to garden.  The only obvious drawback that I could see about the card based on the website info about it is that if IIRC, the rewards program appears to require $50 increments, in order to redeem for statement credits. 

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there geographic biases for members? I'm in California.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess not…
*Select Individual if you are applying for yourself only. Select Joint if you are applying with another person, or if you are married and living in a community property state (AZ, CA, ID, LA, NM, NV, TX, WA, WI).
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great card! If it is TU I am gonna click the button. Smiley Happy
Keep me posted please
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.