cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone ever "graduated" from Orchard Bank?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever "graduated" from Orchard Bank?

see that's what I don't understand... I would call household and ask them what's up... why would they give you pre-approval to then decline you when you click submit... and will they do hard pull and then still decline you or just decline because you already have a card and not do inq at all. becuase I know capital one use to do that... not pull, just decline becuase of multiple cards.
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

i guess my only real complaint about orchard/hsbc is that they won't grow with you. if you get a sub prime rebuilder that's were you stay. they wouldn't combine my cards or grant a cli on any of the 3. like i told the supervisor, i have cards starting me off wcl's/2-10 times what you guys have me at and i've been w/you over 2 years why should i stay?
Message 12 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Household bank gave my dad a $2k limit... he gets 15k+ on all his cards.
Households response was that they are a conservative bank!
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

dnm45227 wrote:

like i told the supervisor, i have cards starting me off wcl's/2-10 times what you guys have me at and i've been w/you over 2 years why should i stay?

I'm anticipating having this coversation with them in about 10 months.  What do they say when you put them on the spot like that?  Do they at least offer to waive AFs or lower APR or something?  Or do they have the "don't let the door hit you on the way out" attitude?
Message 14 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I got my orchard bank shortly after bk... then got household through a mail offer... after about a year consolidated them into 1 account...(oh wait... forgot I had 3 accounts I put into 1) that card stayed at that rate (19), that credit line ($1710) for the next 3+ years!!!!

Message Edited by Creditaddict on 11-05-2007 08:57 PM
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

cheddar wrote:

dnm45227 wrote:

like i told the supervisor, i have cards starting me off wcl's/2-10 times what you guys have me at and i've been w/you over 2 years why should i stay?

I'm anticipating having this coversation with them in about 10 months.  What do they say when you put them on the spot like that?  Do they at least offer to waive AFs or lower APR or something?  Or do they have the "don't let the door hit you on the way out" attitude?

pretty much wish i could do something for you (and i really think she meant it), but in the end she said nothing she could do. she did say please keep us in mind if you ever need additional products, or something like that. i said i hope not, that would mean i'm treking back to the rebuilding stage.
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dnm45227 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dnm45227 wrote:

I'm anticipating having this coversation with them in about 10 months. What do they say when you put them on the spot like that? Do they at least offer to waive AFs or lower APR or something? Or do they have the "don't let the door hit you on the way out" attitude?

pretty much wish i could do something for you (and i really think she meant it), but in the end she said nothing she could do. she did say please keep us in mind if you ever need additional products, or something like that. i said i hope not, that would mean i'm treking back to the rebuilding stage.

When I called to cancel my Orchard Bank secured because the AF was next month he asked me why I wanted to cancel. I said how now I had unsecured cards with no AF. He didn't offer anything at all, just said "OK well your card is now cancelled, you should be receiving your check in the mail."
Message 17 of 20
tknkrov
Contributor

I have a Household and a Orchard when I called to cancel Household they asked why and I said because of af and high apr. They dropped my apr in half to 13% and offered to combine cards but it's not totally done yet still waiting to hear back after sending the info they wanted to combine cards. They better combine cl of both cards or it's cya I have better cards. I will mention I have been with them since 2004, cl went from 300 to 800 on one card and 750 to 1150 not big progress.
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not know my scores but I have had a household card since 2004 with a $750.00 limit, I called to ask for a CLI because I added my son as an AU and he is the only one that uses the card and he pays it off every two weeks, got a flat out no.  So I have added him as an AU to my BoA card that has a $5000.00 limit, when we get that card I am canceling the household, I called household to ask abt cashing in my rewards for cash so I could cancel the card the guy said why do you want to cancel. I said my son just had work done on his truck and I had to put it on my BoA anyway because this account has such a crappy CL , he said lets see abt getting it raised, I said too little to late.  I really only need one cc anyway as I am an AU on my husbands BoA card and thats what I use.Basically the short point is I don't think they really give very good CLI's.
Tks Vicki

Message Edited by greyhound2007 on 11-06-2007 06:54 AM

Message Edited by greyhound2007 on 11-06-2007 06:56 AM
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an Orchard Bank card - always paid on time and zero balance and I was denied a CLI.  I received the card from a pre approval letter and never had to pay a deposit.  Limit is 2k. 
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.