cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had a contactless card that worked for a while but then stopped working?

tag
RadioRob
Established Contributor

Re: Has anyone had a contactless card that worked for a while but then stopped working?

Hey guys!  Long time no chat. Smiley Happy

One item to consider regarding contactless payments is if the card has been used for a "normal" purchase recently. Meaning it's been swiped or chipped. 

Chase for example has a note on new cards that you have to chip or swipe before using contactless feature. Since I work with most of the big bank's cyber security teams helping keep mobile and desktop sites up, I asked if this applied to cards that are not frequent used and was told it does not apply to all cards but is doable based on adaptive risk profile. 

Message 11 of 12
RadioRob
Established Contributor

Re: Has anyone had a contactless card that worked for a while but then stopped working?

By the way... I assume most know this but chipping is not considered contactless. It’s paying basically by NFC etc. if you swipe or insert card, it’s making contact with the card. :-)
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.