Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone used NavCheck?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Has anyone used NavCheck?

@kauaiboy2k13 wrote:

If I have 620 EQ with no negs and 2 tradelines, one being NavyFed secured card, you think I have a good chance at NavCheck approval?  Only $500 in checking account.

How long have you had the secured card?

What is your other card and how long have you had it?

Message 11 of 31
kauaiboy2k13
Established Member

I had the secured NavyFed card since July of 2013.  The other card is Kinecta credit union and that was from Sept 2013.  Thanks for your response.

Message 12 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@kauaiboy2k13 wrote:

I had the secured NavyFed card since July of 2013.  The other card is Kinecta credit union and that was from Sept 2013.  Thanks for your response.

I would actually apply for an unsecured credit card now... maybe cash rewards since you have nrewards or go rewards.

then depending how that goes, we can look at navcheck. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 31
kauaiboy2k13
Established Member

Wow, that's good to hear.  Before I apply for anything unsecured, I will pay down my secured card balances and make sure they report to Equifax with the lower ratio.  I will do that within a month and post what happens with my application.

Message 14 of 31
kauaiboy2k13
Established Member

I just got approved for auto loan through Navy Federal.  Is it too soon to apply for NavCheck too?

Message 15 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Nope and credit card!
Message 16 of 31
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

payments are 2% of the balance, miminum of 20 dollars.  I need to put up a privacy fence  up and pay for it either by navcheck or cc,  they both have about the same interest rate. I haven't decided.

Message 17 of 31
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

Interest starts as soon as you make the purchase with NavCheck. You usually get a 30day grace period on a credit card. If you're going to PIF it within a month I'd go CC and save on the interest. If not I'd look at from a util point of view since the APR is the same. 

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 18 of 31
kauaiboy2k13
Established Member

@Creditaddict wrote:

@kauaiboy2k13 wrote:

I would actually apply for an unsecured credit card now... maybe cash rewards since you have nrewards or go rewards.

Btw, a week or 2 ago, NFCU made my secured card unsecured and doubled my limit from $500 to $1000 automatically.  I just applied for Navcheck a few minutes ago and got a 1 hour decision time.  Will post after they make the decision.

Message 19 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@kauaiboy2k13 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@kauaiboy2k13 wrote:

Btw, a week or 2 ago, NFCU made my secured card unsecured and doubled my limit from $500 to $1000 automatically.  I just applied for Navcheck a few minutes ago and got a 1 hour decision time.  Will post after they make the decision.

id request a CLI on your credit card now too... ask for $25k and probably get instant counter.

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.