cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone used the CSP hotel credit yet?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone used the CSP hotel credit yet?

From what I read it said the statement credit hits after a couple days but also says something about the billing statement. Just curious if anyone's gotten their credit yet

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Has anyone used the CSP hotel credit yet?

If it's like other credits that are tied to such, usually they'll show within a few days but the terms and conditions tend to always speak to 8-12 weeks tending on the lender. The time frame gives the system enough to capture the charge and post correctly...and it also keeps folks from calling them days after the charge post inquiring about the credit.

As I'm sure others may have the same question you're asking in the future, if you wouldn't mind, please come back and update the thread when you find out (assuming no one chimes in and answers sooner).
Message 2 of 13
unsungivy
Established Contributor

Only someone who opened the card since they added the benefit is even eligible for it. The rest of us have to wait a year till eligible.

SD - Biz -
Message 3 of 13
arunkumarmm
Regular Contributor

@unsungivy wrote:

Only someone who opened the card since they added the benefit is even eligible for it. The rest of us have to wait a year till eligible.

I opened CSP in June and DW in July. I did not get anything but DW got an email with the new changes mentioned including the hotel credit. Haven't tried it yet though.

Message 4 of 13
TSlop
Valued Contributor

@arunkumarmm wrote:

@unsungivy wrote:

I opened CSP in June and DW in July. I did not get anything but DW got an email with the new changes mentioned including the hotel credit. Haven't tried it yet though.

I got that email as well, but it is deceiving. The fine print says you will get the $50 credit "in the year beginning with your first account anniversary after 8/15/2021" and tells you to check your account to see when you are eligible. So even though I got that email, I'm not eligible until 1/27/2022, after checking my UR account.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@unsungivy wrote:

Not true my account shows as eligible and I opened early august. It says I have until August of next year to use my $50 credit in the app

Message 6 of 13
TSlop
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@unsungivy wrote:

Not true my account shows as eligible and I opened early august. It says I have until August of next year to use my $50 credit in the app

By early August, do you mean August 15th? I stated the fine print above, so if you are able to use the credit already, and opened it before August 15th, then you somehow squeezed passed their stated fine print information, or they gave it to customers that opened it relatively close to August 15th. It might be similar to how I got the year of 5% groceries on my CFU after I asked them if it could be added, since I applied like a week or 2 before the offer began. In my situation, however, I requested it, and it wasn't automatically added.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

August 4th I think it was. And where I go to see if I'm eligible it says I have till August 26th 2022 to use this year's statement credit and I've seen some that show they don't get it until their next anniversary statement. So I got lucky and squeezed by since it was so close. 

Message 8 of 13
TSlop
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

August 4th I think it was. And where I go to see if I'm eligible it says I have till August 26th 2022 to use this year's statement credit and I've seen some that show they don't get it until their next anniversary statement. So I got lucky and squeezed by since it was so close. 

Most likely. They may have quietly let anyone from August 1st or something get it. May or may not ever find out without more DPs, though.

Message 9 of 13
TampaBAY86
Regular Contributor

@TSlop wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Most likely. They may have quietly let anyone from August 1st or something get it. May or may not ever find out without more DPs, though.

My guess is it is based on the AF statement closing.  I opened my CSP 8/14/19, so I originally thought I was going to have to wait a full year.  However, my AF posted when my statement cut last week and according to my account, I have until 9/4/22 to use the benefit.

@Anonymous was your first statement on or around 8/26?  If so, that would make me think that the AF is the date they are using.  Not the anniversary of the account opening.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.