cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the world gone mad? Chevron/Texaco wants to charge $25 processing fee to pay on line?

tag
Madison
Regular Contributor

Has the world gone mad? Chevron/Texaco wants to charge $25 processing fee to pay on line?

I went on line to pay my $37.50 Chevron/Texaco gas credit card and those fools want to charge me $25.00 processing fee to pay on line....What tha hey!....Are they nutts? I have never received a notice that I am aware of them doing this. This may be Pearl Harbor news to some of you. Is this legal? Now I will have to send the payment via US Mail. It will take Chevron/Texaco longer to process and get paid....I am beginning to think the world is going mad! I know I am getting mad!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has the world gone mad? Chevron/Texaco wants to charge $25 processing fee to pay on line?

Yeah, welcome to the 17th century. They are all totally crazy and waste a lot of time with scanning and processing checks.
Message 2 of 11
Madison
Regular Contributor

An UPDATE from Chevron

I just got off the phone with Chevron/Texaco....They say they have a glitch in their system that started yesterday....They are getting it fixed. I wonder how many $25.00 processing fees they will collect by unsuspecting people who pay on line??? They did take my payment by telephone at no cost.

Message 3 of 11
GregB
Valued Contributor

Re: Has the world gone mad? Chevron/Texaco wants to charge $25 processing fee to pay on line?

Interesting,

They just hit me for a $5 fee to send me a paper statement. I called and they set me up to get statements electronically with no fee. This is a business account so might be a bit different than personal.

They encouraged pay on line. I will not use the account if I had to pay any fee of any kind for anything. I assume they will fix it.

Message 4 of 11
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

@GregB wrote:

Interesting,

They just hit me for a $5 fee to send me a paper statement. I called and they set me up to get statements electronically with no fee. This is a business account so might be a bit different than personal.

They encouraged pay on line. I will not use the account if I had to pay any fee of any kind for anything. I assume they will fix it.

The new credit card reform bill that just passed the senate outlaws any fees to make payments, no matter how you pay. The only payment fees that will be allowed are expedited service fees.

Of course this may change....

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

GregB,

Paperless billing is not available for personal accounts. However, I pay on their website or through billpay and I have never been charged a fee for making a payment.

OP,

I hope you get to the bottom of this matter. You could send a payment via Priority Mail with the USPS for $3.95 (if the rate hasn't changed).

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They started the $5 fee for a paper statement back in 1/09 for the business accounts.  I called them and had mine switched to a ebill.  They would not credit me back the $5 though.

My Chevron business card is through www.ifleet.com

Message 7 of 11
GregB
Valued Contributor

Thanks Mark,

I went back and looked and we stopped using the card in late 2008 to have one less account. We just stated using it again and just found out about the fee. They wouldn't refund so they did figure out a way to get $5 out of me but only ONCE.

I can't blame them for discouraging paper.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Madison wrote:

I went on line to pay my $37.50 Chevron/Texaco gas credit card and those fools want to charge me $25.00 processing fee to pay on line....What tha hey!....Are they nutts? I have never received a notice that I am aware of them doing this. This may be Pearl Harbor news to some of you. Is this legal? Now I will have to send the payment via US Mail. It will take Chevron/Texaco longer to process and get paid....I am beginning to think the world is going mad! I know I am getting mad!

It's a sign of the changing times......they know people still use old fashion checks in the mail, but not as much everything/everyone is online now. And they want to capitalize on it. Scum BagsSmiley Indifferent

Message 9 of 11
UpNUp
Regular Contributor

Lets see. Someone owes me money. They want to pay me. I tell them I'm going to charge them $25 for the priveledge. Completely laughable! Are these people out of their minds? I would consider deducting a percentage

to get my money the quickest way possible.

I don't need credit.I use credit to my advantage. I don't pay interest. The day they start charging me a fee for anything is the day I will go on a cash basis.

Still laughing!Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.