cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has your opinion of Capital One changed?

tag
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Has your opinion of Capital One changed?

My opinion has not changed about Capital One; I like them because like I said before they help people out when they need them. Building and rebuilding they are flexible to help everyone. From not so prime cards to very prime cards they have a huge range of credit products. They might not be generous with normal CLI routes, but it does take time and talking to the right people. 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 11 of 32
CreditJim
Established Contributor

My opinion of them has changed completely. I had a $300 limit card with them that I did not look after when I was younger and had a lot of serious lates up to 120 days on. This card now shows no lates at all, going back the past 6 years and it's a Venture 2 World Mastercard with a 5k limit with no foreign exchange fees. I travel a lot for work, and claim back the expenses, so I've already accured thousands of miles in the past 2 weeks. Very happy and great card for me.

Edit to say - I really don't feel like I had to "go through a lot" to get the CLI either. A simple email and I got a call back a few hours later. And the product change was a simple "chat now" on the website. Easy.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 12 of 32
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

IMO, I really appreciate Cap1 helping consumers to rebuild their credit, but also Cap1 does offer prime cards as well. I had Cap1 secured for a year now and haven't received any kind of unsecured PC at all. I believe that consumers like us shouldn't have to go out of our way to contact the EO to receive what we deserve.

If they can better manage their front line customer service to allow them to do more and have more control of our needs instead of going to the EO for resolution. I believe that if they can provide more flexibility on growth with their customer's needs, they would be moving in the right direction and be able to hold on to more customers.

Message 13 of 32
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

They gave me credit when no one would offer me credit which eventually helped me a great deal with my rebuilding . with a simple email to EO office, no more annual fee, great CLI, and added rewards to my account. I am so happy to have capital one.

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 32
toppers555
Established Contributor

No. I actually loved Capitol One untill they failed to live up to promise of converting my secure card with them I had years ago , and poor service I got when closing card , and lack of even caring I was closing my accounts. I have closed all 4 of my orginal capitol one cards, and plan on closing the hsbc cards in april , and transfering my auto loan to another lender. 

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 15 of 32
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

To point something out, Cap One isn't the only lender which has different tiers of credit cards and people's getting stuck in somewhat awkward categories.

The Chase Freedom cards which resulted from old Wamu tradelines were similar as one example from a number of poster's reports, I'm certain there are others.  For that matter, look at how the majority of secured cards are handled, there's very few which graduate compared to the many you close and start over with... and that's the same credit strata as Cap One unsecured rebuilders too for whatever that's worth.

Capital One has their business practices which are clearly working for them, it's absolutely not personal.  I don't think it's worth getting up in arms over, just go elsewhere if they don't want your business after you've completed your journey through credit purgatory.

        
Message 16 of 32
GangnamFICO
Valued Member

Don't fall in love with CC companies, you're a disposable commodity. Cap1 gave me my first subprime card, they were good at the time, now I've outgrown them and carry the annual fee just for the age of the account. Sock drawer your Cap1 cards first chance you get.

Walmart TU Score 740
Chase Freedom($5000); CitiThankYou Preferred($5000); GEWM Discover($3500); Walmart Store($1300); AMEX Gold; AMEX BCE($6000); GE Discount Tire($1500); Mor Furniture ($4700);Cap1($750)
Message 17 of 32
LesWH
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

To point something out, Cap One isn't the only lender which has different tiers of credit cards and people's getting stuck in somewhat awkward categories.

The Chase Freedom cards which resulted from old Wamu tradelines were similar as one example from a number of poster's reports, I'm certain there are others.  For that matter, look at how the majority of secured cards are handled, there's very few which graduate compared to the many you close and start over with... and that's the same credit strata as Cap One unsecured rebuilders too for whatever that's worth.

Capital One has their business practices which are clearly working for them, it's absolutely not personal.  I don't think it's worth getting up in arms over, just go elsewhere if they don't want your business after you've completed your journey through credit purgatory.

ROFL@ credit purgatory!!! Woman LOL

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 18 of 32
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Good if have suboprime scores and need a starter card, forever worthless if you have better options.

Message 19 of 32
andre181
Established Contributor

No. They are still not any good in my opinion.

But the product is good enough to keep open. A $5k CL mastercard with no foreign transaction fee is very handy when travelling internationally, and the fact that its a cash back card helps too.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.