cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have Amex Plat - Want to add PRG w/bonus offer - help!

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Have Amex Plat - Want to add PRG w/bonus offer - help!

@Anonymous wrote:

@silverbimmer04 wrote:

Oh wow .... Thanks for sharing ...good info to know when apping with Amex to get the highest bonus point offerl

could have grabbed 3x as many MRs, 50k from PRG and 25k from ED, all from same HP....

My apologies, I had some of my information mixed up. OP will still get 25k from PRG, and didn't indicate they wanted an ED, so that's a moot point.

But it looks like they couldn't get the 50K offer to come up anyways, so no loss. 

I was trying to get the 50K offer to show up earlier today and didn't get it. I got it on the first try yesterday. 

Message 11 of 18
Open123
Super Contributor

Not sure what browsers you guys are using, but this alwasys worked for me on bringing up Amex's best offers.  Clear cookies, history, cache, and then relaunch.  This has always worked for me on Safari, Firefox, and Chrome.  Interestingly enough, I can app for the OBC using Firefox; while, with Safari, I can't.

Message 12 of 18
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Not sure what browsers you guys are using, but this alwasys worked for me on bringing up Amex's best offers.  Clear cookies, history, cache, and then relaunch.  This has always worked for me on Safari, Firefox, and Chrome.  Interestingly enough, I can app for the OBC using Firefox; while, with Safari, I can't.

Thats an interesting data point on the OBC. I always use Chrome and never clear cookies/local storage as it is an unnecessary inconvenience to me. 

BTW browser history has absolutely nothing to do with tracking/targeting. 

Message 13 of 18
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

I can usually get it to come up with incognito or private browsing enabled. But today, nothing. Chome and Firefox on my work PC, Safari, Firefox and Chrome on my personal Mac. 

Edit: just got it on Firefox (Windows), no incognito mode. 

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

isnt the 25k offer with 2k spend?

Message 15 of 18
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I couldnt get the 50k mr offer to come up Smiley Sad Logged in or not. 

It's not a matter of being logged in or not but a matter of cookies which is why incognito mode was suggested.  You could clear cookies, use a different browser, machine, etc but simply switching to incognito mode is probably easier.

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there a way to check if im prequall-ed for the card without taking another HP?

THe prequal wouldn't be a guarantee anyway.  Never rely on prequals.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the 25k offer is with a 2k spend in 90 days.

My 100k MR offer with the plat card was with a 3k spend in 90 days - which is all but complete in around 38 days. I charge everything I can (~2000/mo in personal expenses) so It works out for me. After I complete the 3k on the Plat I will just switch to charging on the PRG till I meet that 2k spend. So for 5k total Amex spend I will end up with 130k MR points (not including any 2x points I accumulate with the PRG card).

I also have to do a 1k spend with the BOA travel rewards card, to get their 20k Bonus points offer. So in the next 3 months I need to do another 3k in spend. My property taxes are 2800 a quarter on my home and ~ 2000 quarter on my business property - so that itself should knock it out (My municipality accepts cc's directly). I'm also planning on buying a new iphone (im the last guy who still has an iphone 5s lol) - my contract ends 11/11/15 and I'm thinking about just buying the phone outright from apple bc of all these new verizon plans - so I MAY use the platinum card for it's superior purchase protection there.

Take care,

George

Message 17 of 18
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm also planning on buying a new iphone (im the last guy who still has an iphone 5s lol) - my contract ends 11/11/15 and I'm thinking about just buying the phone outright from apple bc of all these new verizon plans - so I MAY use the platinum card for it's superior purchase protection there.

I've always placed most electronics purchases on an Amex.  In my view, it's worth the (1) extra warranty, (2) 90 day accident/theft/loss protection, and (3) the Merchant chargeback protection.  When it comes to claims, I just have little faith (from reading and friend's IRL experiences) in an efficient resolution when dealing with Visa/MC/Discover.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.