cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have You Been Thought This Situation With Cap One...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Have You Been Thought This Situation With Cap One...

I have a cap one card that started at 20k and I have had it about a year and asked for one increase and I got a 3k increase.

I have to pay 22k in taxes so here is what I was gonna do in one month time

Pay the current balance of 19,500

charge 22,000

pay the 22,000

My question to you is, since I am using the card up to its limit and paying it off twice in one month, do you think that will tell the computer the limit is a little low ?

If so I am hoping to go from 23k to possibly 40k

Thoughts ?  Suggestions ?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Have You Been Thought This Situation With Cap One...

Honestly anything can happen. What we do know is that cap1 likes to see usage and doesn't mind seeing a balance.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 5
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

They will most likely raise your CL but I would be shocked if the gave you a bump up to 40k 

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 3 of 5
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Thank you for the feedback

I have another card with them with a 10k limit, too.

What I could do with that one, instead of the one with the 23k limit is..

Pay off the bal now which is 7500

charge 10k 

pay it

charge another 10k

pay it

charge 2k

pay it

All the above in one month

So far cap one has given me 33k on two cards

So which card should I do this with the 10k limit card (I have never received an increase on this card) or the 23k limit card ?

Message 4 of 5
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

Thank you for the feedback

I have another card with them with a 10k limit, too.

What I could do with that one, instead of the one with the 23k limit is..

Pay off the bal now which is 7500

charge 10k 

pay it

charge another 10k

pay it

charge 2k

pay it

All the above in one month

So far cap one has given me 33k on two cards

So which card should I do this with the 10k limit card (I have never received an increase on this card) or the 23k limit card ?

Andy,

Last week they briefly (24 hours) opened up combining limits. They took it down to fix bugs but said it'd be back. You could at that point combine the two for a larger limit, then push a bunch of money through it, and then get a nice CLI (hopefully).

Just a thought.

Personal:

Business:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.