cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you decided not to apply because of an ugly card???

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Have you decided not to apply because of an ugly card???

@CreditScholar wrote:
I'm sure some guys out there really like pink. San Francisco has plenty of them. Smiley Happy

Sydney has their share as well Smiley Very Happy

Message 51 of 61
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:
I'm sure some guys out there really like pink. San Francisco has plenty of them. Smiley Happy

Sydney has their share as well Smiley Very Happy

Sure, but have you seen the way a lot of Melbourne people dress? A lot of them make me wonder sometimes...

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 52 of 61
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

.....I live in San Francisco....Smiley Mad. and when I was in my early 20s I had a Pink Tmobile Corporate card. Pimped it out everywhere, happily married btw.

Message 53 of 61
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

.....I live in San Francisco....Smiley Mad. and when I was in my early 20s I had a Pink Tmobile Corporate card. Pimped it out everywhere, happily married btw.

Like how you threw that last bit of info in there.  LOL.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 54 of 61
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Actually, I just applied and was accepted for the BOA Cash Rewards card due to the 15 month no interest intro period.  I don't have the card yet, but my mom does (BOA member since 1967!) and I think its kind of sharp looking myself.  I wouldn't refuse to app for an ugly card, especially if the terms or rewards were great, but I have to admit I can be somewhat seduced by a great looking card.  The British Airways Visa is totally cool looking IMHO; I also like the Amex BCP, though the three digit code on the back rubs off really easily.  Amex SPG and Gold are nice too.  That being said, I wouldn't app for a card (or not app for a card) solely due to looks.

@JonStur wrote:

BOA has always mailbox bombed me to get their Cash Rewards Card with the 3% 2% 1% structure.. I could never pull the trigger because I thought the card was just plain ugly. Has anyone else ever decided not to pull the trigger because a card is ugly ( yea I know it's vain but what's life without a little vanity). Or coveted a card because of its looks?? I really wanted an AMEX clear but never got one..

Message 55 of 61
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@koalablue wrote:

Actually, I just applied and was accepted for the BOA Cash Rewards card due to the 15 month no interest intro period.  I don't have the card yet, but my mom does (BOA member since 1967!) and I think its kind of sharp looking myself.  I wouldn't refuse to app for an ugly card, especially if the terms or rewards were great, but I have to admit I can be somewhat seduced by a great looking card.  The British Airways Visa is totally cool looking IMHO; I also like the Amex BCP, though the three digit code on the back rubs off really easily.  Amex SPG and Gold are nice too.  That being said, I wouldn't app for a card (or not app for a card) solely due to looks.

What is that code used for?  I seem to remember being asked for it once but can't recall why!

Message 56 of 61
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@koalablue wrote:

What is that code used for?  I seem to remember being asked for it once but can't recall why!

Its used if you're ordering on-line or over the phone.  You need to provide the three digit code along with the account number.  It was really frustrating when I called Amex to change the info for my phone number, and the rep wanted the three digit code, and it took me five minutes of giving different numbers (you could see the numbers a little bit) trying to figure out which ones were right. I finally got the right ones.  I haven't used it for on-line ordering much, but I should ask them for a new card.

Message 57 of 61
Crashem
Valued Contributor

You use 3 digit on back for Amex? Not the 4 digit on front?
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 58 of 61
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

Maybe it was just for the Amex rep, but for the BCP, I had to give him the three digit code on the back.  I think you have to give it if you want to make any changes to your account.

Message 59 of 61
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@koalablue wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

Maybe it was just for the Amex rep, but for the BCP, I had to give him the three digit code on the back.  I think you have to give it if you want to make any changes to your account.

Yes, that sounds right.   As Crashem suggests, nearly all the time the security code used for Amex is the 4 digit on the front, but when talking to a rep  for some reason the three digit code was also used for confirmation.

Message 60 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.