Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heads Up! BofA Shut Us Down!

tag
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Heads Up! BofA Shut Us Down!

My wife and I both got a letter in yesterday's mail from BofA regarding our Signature Visa's... We both had a $15k line with them. Looks like they softed us on TU, and decided to close our accounts! Reason stated: 1. We currently have sufficient available credit. 2. We currently have sufficient debt. (?) Don't get this one. My TU as of letter date: 763 Wife TU as of letter date: 764 Of course I will call them on Monday to argue my case, I am just posting tis as a "heads up" that they are watching accounts!
Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 1 of 132
131 REPLIES 131
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Heads Up! BofA Shut Us Down!

@RockinRay wrote:
My wife and I both got a letter in yesterday's mail from BofA regarding our Signature Visa's... We both had a $15k line with them. Looks like they softed us on TU, and decided to close our accounts! Reason stated: 1. We currently have sufficient available credit. 2. We currently have sufficient debt. (?) Don't get this one. My TU as of letter date: 763 Wife TU as of letter date: 764 Of course I will call them on Monday to argue my case, I am just posting tis as a "heads up" that they are watching accounts!

Do you use the card regularly??? That really sucks i'm sorry to hear Ray.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 132
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Honestly, we got these cards in December, spent the $500 to get $250 cash back, PIF and threw them in the SD...  Smiley Very Happy

We did plan to use them this year. A nice card to have. I think they should have CLD rather than close ou the accounts.

It is not a big deal to me as we do have more credit then we need. It is the principle. It should be a fun phone call!

Ray

Message 3 of 132
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

Honestly, we got these cards in December, spent the $500 to get $250 cash back, PIF and threw them in the SD...  Smiley Very Happy

We did plan to use them this year. A nice card to have. I think they should have CLD rather than close ou the accounts.

It is not a big deal to me as we do have more credit then we need. It is the principle. It should be a fun phone call!

Wish I was a fly on the wall...............Smiley Surprised

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 132
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Ugh, sounds like something Chase would do. BOA is shady. That's why I no longer bank with them.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 5 of 132
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Several years ago BoA closed a LOC with a CL of $26,500. I got the same reason - I had enough credit.

So I know how you feel.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 132
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

Sorry to hear that. You know there should be a crackdown of 'bogus' reasons that CCC give people. Of course in thier fine prints Im pretty sure they specify that thay can close the account at any time.

Message 7 of 132
LS2982
Mega Contributor

How can a bank tell you you have "enough" credit?? If your paying your bills on time, have a solid history, and use their product why do they care?? It's like a slap in the face.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 132
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

Several years ago BoA closed a LOC with a CL of $26,500. I got the same reason - I had enough credit.

So I know how you feel.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Glad I am not the only one!

Ray

Message 9 of 132
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

This account is too new and makes one wonder if BOA is going around to see how much credit lne people have so they can safely shut them down. Its a liability for them so they must be anticipating a rough first quarter. Although looking at their latest earnings, they dint do bad.

Message 10 of 132
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.