Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heads-Up on NFCU 0% 12-Mo BT

tag
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: Heads-Up on NFCU 0% 12-Mo BT

Sounds like NFCU doesn't have its act together.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 11 of 19
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

@Hex wrote:
I chatted with Navy and they told me the same thing. I told them the mailer didn’t say I had to get a new card and also the mailer said 0% not 1.99%. My son got the same flyer and it says 1.99% but mine says 0%. I told her this and she said that was interesting and she said checked again and said I was eligible for 0% on my cash rewards but it can be switched to my Flagship. I don’t want to do it today so she said she noted my account. I also noticed after the fact that I have the offer in my offers section now.

This is good news!!   However it may not work in my case. I got the 0% offer in my online offers the day they came out and immediately did a BT to my Platinum. Come to find out after a few secure messages  later with NFCU that the 0% BT was for my cRewards and not the PlatinumSmiley Mad. The Plat only gets the 1.99% offer. No where did it say the offer was for a specific card only. I have even got the  0% offers in the mail and again no where does it state a specific card.                              

For now & forever I will now call in to do my BTs. Lesson Learned.... But hey 1.99 is better then the 4.99 I had it on Smiley Surprised

Message 12 of 19
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

UPDATE.

Round and round the mulberry bush I went with 3 CSRs who told me I could not reallocate funds from my Visa cashRewards to my Visa platinum. All 3 said I had to do a BT, even the in-branch CSR.

Well, I held my ground. I asked to speak to the branch manager. In my most nice and polite voice, I said, “I belong to the MyFICO forum and several members told me they have been able to do this.”

So as I sat there while she typed back and forth with whom I figured were the NFCU CC Gawds, she still couldn’t get an answer after 15 mins. She promised she would get me an answer today.

I got an alert that there was a secure message waiting for me. As several myFICO members here said it could be done, she verified I could. I moved $5K from my cashRewards to my Platinum.

What I don’t understand is why doesn’t every CSR, including branch manager, have the same info.

Again thanks for letting me know this could be done. I love this forum!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 13 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great job CiSmiley Happy The problem lies in the fact that it isnt really Navy policy to do so but is done on a case by case basis. Great job being persistantSmiley Happy
Message 14 of 19
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks @ajc. Hmmm learn something new everyday. Yep, persistence, and let’s not forget politeness 😁, really did pay off.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 15 of 19
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:
UPDATE.

Round and round the mulberry bush I went with 3 CSRs who told me I could not reallocate funds from my Visa cashRewards to my Visa platinum. All 3 said I had to do a BT, even the in-branch CSR.

Well, I held my ground. I asked to speak to the branch manager. In my most nice and polite voice, I said, I belong to the MyFICO forum and several members told me they have been able to do this.”

Yep when you stand your ground an just mention belonging to MYFICO, people listen!!!! Smiley SurprisedJ/K ..
Congratulations Creditinspired. Outstanding persitence pays off!!

Message 16 of 19
rbentley
Established Contributor

Image result for someone on the internet said

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:
UPDATE.

Well, I held my ground. I asked to speak to the branch manager. In my most nice and polite voice, I said, “I belong to the MyFICO forum and several members told me they have been able to do this.”

So as I sat there while she typed back and forth with whom I figured were the NFCU CC Gawds, she still couldn’t get an answer after 15 mins. She promised she would get me an answer today.

I got an alert that there was a secure message waiting for me. As several myFICO members here said it could be done, she verified I could. I moved $5K from my cashRewards to my Platinum.

What I don’t understand is why doesn’t every CSR, including branch manager, have the same info.

Again thanks for letting me know this could be done. I love this forum!

So wait, they let you reallocate limits rather than forcing you to close and combine altogether? If so, I may have some calls to make tomorrow. 🤣 

Congratulations on your success!

Message 18 of 19
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@saeren wrote:
So wait, they let you reallocate limits rather than forcing you to close and combine altogether? If so, I may have some calls to make tomorrow. 🤣

Congratulations on your success!
—————-
Thanks @saeren and that’s correct. I did not have to close anything. CashRewards was $25K, now $20K and Platinum was $7.5K, now $12.5K. So the $2.6K BT is now not killing the UT for that card.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.