Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello! And question about PC's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello! And question about PC's

Hi all,

I'm new to the boards as a registered member. I've been lurking for a few weeks now while I try and get my credit situated. I really appreciate all the posts and feedback on this board. It's been a lot of help to gain a better understanding of the credit world.

As for my credit, I moved from ~680 EQ last month to ~740 today with some additional increases coming in the next few weeks from paying down my utilization to near 0%. (I started around 90% last month).

I currently have a AT&T Universal card that I'm trying to get converted to a Citi Forward card. When I spoke with a supervisor that was not an option but she moved me to a Citi Dividends card.  Any idea why Citi would not allow me to convert to the Forward card but I could convert to the Dividend? Also, is there a possibility that in a few months once my Dividends card is set, Citi would let me convert to Forward? 

Also, would it be possible to convert a Bank of America Amex to any other type of Amex or would I have to stay in the Bank of America family of cards?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Hello! And question about PC's

Welcome to the forums!

Different lender products have different PC criteria; you aren't able to PC with impunity across all of a lender's cards.  There's probably different reasons for that in the past (different account servicing groups, cobrand vs. internal branded cards) etc ad naseum.  It's just a business decision regardless of sometimes how silly it appears to us as end-consumers. 

I don't know explicitly if you can go from the Dividend to the Forward, that's going to be a question for their CS department most likely as not all Divdend cards are necessarily the same when it comes to PC restrictions (vis a vis Chase Freedom which is notorious for that).

Anyway regarding the BOFA amex: it card simply authorizes on the Amex transaction network; it is not an Amex-provided card (one from Amex directly) and instead is from BOFA, and as such you have to stay within the BOFA family of cards for any sort of product change.  

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.